How to leave starting/entry area?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

hector_doepos

How to leave starting/entry area?

Post by hector_doepos » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:25 pm

Hey Forum,

Question - How do you leave the Entry portal? It says I cannot leave as a level one, but I can't seem to figure out how to level up?

This is what the players handbook says:
When you step through the Arelith Entry portal you'll find yourself in Cordor's docks. If you proceed down the docks and go to the left to the immediate building there, you'll be inside the Speedy Messenger building. You can talk to the halfling, Frugo behind the counter and get the first (and one of the only) quests available on the server. This quest serves like a tour of the city, as you deliver packages around to NPCs found about the city. There's hints on where you can find them, and if you utilize your mini-map you can find them faster. If you find yourself having trouble, try talking to one of the PC characters you can find walking around. More often than not, your fellow player is willing to lend a hand to a new player.
http://www.arelith.com/index.php/player-handbook
But is this dated? Because it doesnt seem that you can proceed down to docks anymore.. :?

I am attempting this on Surface server.

Thanks !

El-Ravioli

Re: How to leave starting/entry area?

Post by El-Ravioli » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi Hector - welcome to the server. As a level 1 you should within the starting area receive a pop up for subraces, paths, gifts, character customisations. If that pop up did not appear, fairly central, there should be a lever that will force it up.

Once you have followed the instructions in that pop up you will gain enough experience to advance a level. At that point, click on your now shiny portrait and level your character to level 2.

Once you hit level 2, you can leave the starting area and either start in Cordor, Sencliff (as a pirate) , Skal, or Andunor (as an underdarker).

Hope that makes sense. All the best and happy gaming!

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:02 am

The only real change is that there is more than one stating area depending on the type of char you choose. Otherwise once you aer finished creating your char, you just walk thorough the entry door.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:40 am

You’ll need to be level 2 to go through since I put that check on the door. Otherwise you’d risk losing gear.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

hector_doepos

Post by hector_doepos » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:48 am

Appreciate the responses!

I can't seem to figure out how to pull this lever lol. have tried:

- LMB
- RMB (Examine)
- RMB (Bash)
- RMB (Use)

El-Ravioli

Post by El-Ravioli » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:35 am

Hrm... Can you try and make a completely new character from scratch and see if you have that lever problem again? you really should get the pop up automatically then and only pull the lever if the pop up does /not/ show up.

hector_doepos

Post by hector_doepos » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Hmm, I created a new character. And I got a pop up and carefully followed the prompts. I was able to select my sub class (Abyssal Warlock) - however I didn't level up?

When I pull lever it says "Please wait, initializing.." but nothing else seems to happen.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:50 pm

You get the experience to become level 2 as soon as you enter the game, going through the conversation isn't necessary but strongly encourged.

Click the character sheet button (c) under your portrait (it might be blinking) and click the flashing level up button.

hector_doepos

Post by hector_doepos » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Ah yep, that did it. Thanks a lot :)