"Delete Character" issue on login

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Rask

"Delete Character" issue on login

Post by Rask » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:17 am

I have tried 3 times to make a new character and connect to the server, every time I am finished making a character and click "play" it kicks me back out to the server select screen and says "Delete Character" in a box. This makes no sense to me, I cannot seem to get into the server at all. Anyone else have this problem before? I am using NWN EE first time trying to play online since buying the EE.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: "Delete Character" issue on login

Post by MalKalz » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 am

Hi Rask,

Please have a look at the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17387

This may help you solve your connection issues. However, the "Delete Character" message is usually specific to you using a non-unique player account name on Arelith. If it is already taken, it will not let you create the character. Try using a different name.

If you accidentally checked the box off, go into your nwnplayer.ini file in your Documents, and remove the username after PlayerName=

Regards,

Spyre

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Rask

Post by Rask » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:24 am

I may have used the character name at some point, long ago in the past when I played NWN online before, it was so many years ago I dont remember if i've been to Arelith before or not. So I may be at odds with my own old username.

Rask

Post by Rask » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:45 am

Now I get "Player login refused, you cannot play that character" when I try to leave the starting zone. I am off to a good start.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:57 am

Is this a character that you merged over, or a brand new character?

Do you have haks installed?

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Tourmaline

Post by Tourmaline » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:02 am

If you had a character under that login before EE, but deleted it and the login account was empty, you still can't use it anymore. It seems you have to have a pre-EE character in the vault to keep the login name.

hector_doepos

Post by hector_doepos » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:15 pm

I had this issue and it was fixed by editing the player account name in "nwnplayer.ini" in your "Documents/Neverwinter Nights" folder to something more unique. It seems it is the global player account name and not specific character names that caused this issue.