Missing or lost characters??

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Billy Bob Horton

Missing or lost characters??

Post by Billy Bob Horton » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:08 pm

(Asking for a few friends.) It seems the way described doesn't work for certain people with the character mitigation and they have seem to lose either some or all of there characters with little to no DM reaction(When prompted.) So my question is, can they get those missing characters back or are they just lost to the system? (If so thats alot of epic characters D:).[/i][/i][/i]

Billy Bob Horton

Re: Missing or lost characters??

Post by Billy Bob Horton » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:01 am

It seems it has been almost a month since i originally posted this but it seems that they do not care. So on that note it seems like they are willing to lose active players based solely on the fact they refuse to help them. Which is very disappointing seeing as we have come a long way since the way in but it is with a heavy heart to say goodbye to a game we all loved...

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:28 am

You need to send a message to the team thwre is a link somewhere for that.

*EDIT*

Bottom of forums large is a mail box ixob. Click in it. That might be a start if no one else provides any specific links. I had to get a DM to help mem DM Spyre is pretty resourceful about it.
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Nothing is lost, if you follow the steps here it should trigger the migration automatically:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17344

If you have any issues after trying the above, send me a PM with the playername(s) and public cdkey(s) involved, so I can have a look. Usually the issues are case-sensitiveness of the playername, it needs to be exactly the same as before, or a different cdkey placed in nwncdkey.ini then the one that was used for the playername in 1.69. So if you have switched cdkeys during your 1.69 years, make sure you put the correct one in the folder.

PS. I recently returned from a 3 week holiday and still haven't answered all my PMs yet, so in case you already messaged me, some more patience please.