Assassination commission

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cave Johnson

Assassination commission

Post by Cave Johnson » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:48 pm

I have been an active assassin for about 2 weeks. I have not seen another assassin so i think i am alone in the guild running it, but I do not know 100 percent all to much on how the system works. I've made 2 kills as of now but I realized a percentage of the kill goes to a commission. I'm curious on where the commission goes. Is there an assassin's faction that soaks up a percentage of each mark I could join or take control of? If so I would prefer to use that toward equipping assassin's joining into the guild.

On a similar note there are three locked quarter doors in the basement of the assassin's guild. Given it appears I have been the only active member in the last 2 weeks or so I was interested in purchasing them but I can not find the option to buy them or gain access.

Dorkas

Re: Assassination commission

Post by Dorkas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:25 pm

If those doors are locked, it means someone owns them. Surprising, cuz the guild is usually empty, as well as those. You wont get full price for any contracts because part of it goes to the guild, which does nothing. The life of an assassin is lonely, but I wish you luck.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:50 am

Seems like the guild is more active than it suggests. Leave a message on each of the doors. See who replies.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:00 pm

I briefly played an assassin and was really disappointed.

There definitely were other assassins about, I even met a few ICly. But the thing is: the contract list is a mess, 99% are rolled/shelved/banned. The other 1% are active characters but the bounty is so low it is not worth the effort.

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:41 pm

I don't think assassins are mesnt to only be a in the guild. But rather its a ckub on top of your other rp involvement. Hence it being a noc ran faction.

Arelith wiki makes the becoming an assassin process more trouble than its worth. Hiw isnit these days? I been kind of wanting to rol an assassin since they got updated.
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:53 am

I've mentioned the assassin contract list being a mess several times and nothing happens with it. You just have to sort of keep track who gets added at the bottom, those are the recent ones.

Mirw
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Mirw » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi,
the assasin contract list is reported to be bugged for countless times, long before EE.

mostly the contracts are worthless because:
1. they pays the bounty before you even realise they are on it - reason: they got glowing orb report whenever they got bounty on their head, as assasin, you dont.
2. mostly epics have bounty on their head, so you must prepare a tons of stuff (scrolls, potions, mercenaries, traps..etc) which could cost more than 10-20-30k on the mission, its really not worth it, nor the trouble
3. timezone... well i was hunting about 3-4 character with my assasin, but the different timezones makes it very hard, with proper spying, planning and prepare a nice trap. or you can hunt them down in city/wilderness when you see them next time
4. as mentioned before the contract list contains characters which not active anymore, so it should be cleared
5. mostly used for political motives to remove some leaders, but that is more trobulesome, risking exile from the place if you fails.

There are active assasins around, but they mostly hobby assasins i think, but i am happy if someone takes the torch and organize something real guild not just this member of the assasin club and have an assasin special card in my pocket :)
"Burn Them All!"
Plays as Ret, the pyromaniac tribal wargob

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:59 pm

I feel like such an organization would have to make assassins a sub branch of their's. Like a larger criminal organization. So half the time rhr spying is already done for you.
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:41 am

Seems like an automated, periodic pruning of the list would be a huge QoL change. After all, seems like the guild would cancel a contract after a while if no progress is made.

Alox

Post by Alox » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:34 pm

I guess to get a good RP experience out of such a thing, the victim kinda needs to be in on this too.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:03 pm

My drow always got a million times more assassin roleplay letting people outside the guild know she was in the guild than she ever did trying to roleplay inside of it with other assassins.

Only one time did I EVER run into a fellow assassin at the guild. A couple times I ran into a few outside of it, but most of my contract killer RP was done freelance.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:12 am

I thought they added a script to remove outdated contracts?