DM events

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Nymann

DM events

Post by Nymann » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:01 am

Hello good citizens of Arelith :lol:

New player to the realm and absolutely loving it so far. But after browsing around on the forum a lot aswell I haven't found much about "events" or "campaigns" does the servers DM team create such. Is it player depended with DM approval ? Or does the server not hold such at all?

Merely curious as some of my best RP memories have been DM campaigns or player created events in NWN.

Best regards Nymann

Commissar

Re: DM events

Post by Commissar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:09 am

DM Events (and larger, DM-run storylines) do happen. There have been magical swords, demon incursions, and all varieties of plot arc. You won't find anything on the forums about them; however, as they're exclusively in-game affairs. Keep on trucking, and your characters are likely to run across them every now and then.
May you live in interesting times.
Manticore, on Sun Elves wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure the racism is like a mating ritual or something. Like plumes on birds.

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:37 am

You haven't had your first "apocalypse of the week" yet?
20 RPR GANG

Nymann

Post by Nymann » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:16 am

Ohh very nice to know. I like the idea of keeping it IC also adds up the possibility of rumours and so on. I thought there would atleast be a feedback section. But nice to know 😃😎 thank you for the quick replies

Best regards
Nymann

Hellscr3am

Post by Hellscr3am » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:52 am

I've been on the server for a few months so you could say I'm relatively new too! Welcome!

From what I've seen so far you can either suggest/request a "story arc" to the DMs (in-game or via forum) if you have something really original or engaging to propose.

Otherwise, like Commissar said, you'll just happen on to them. Don't pay too much attention to grinding xp if you want to see more events. From what i've seen, its unlikely you'll run into a DM ran event while doing writs. (Yet not impossible I suppose)

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:10 pm

you may never know when a DM is watching you just chugging along and happens to make your typical writ day into a not so typical writ day.

Some of the best events so to speak are things that are "spiced" from the norm, where you have to notice something or act outside the box
Yes I can sign

Tourmaline

Post by Tourmaline » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:04 pm

Getting involved with a faction and/or finding out what the big current storylines are is a good way to start. I've seen lots of DM events spin off from various faction meetings, events and gatherings.

DM hosted adventures for parties also happen but I'd say you have to be pretty inspiring yourself to get that attention.

Basically be interesting, play along with others when they're trying to be interesting and pay attention to the world events and it'll happen.