RPR rating

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Saleph

RPR rating

Post by Saleph » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Quick question to the wiser folk, it has been on my mind a lot lately.

Since the change to EE (I had a trial account with beamdog) my RPR is 10...
Before it was higher, and I am unsure why it changed and stayed the way it is.

I usually play a lot, either with them bearded little folk upstairs or in the depraved pits of the UD. Yet, never a change in that rating.
Should I take that as a critique of my RP and try to change it (though, in what way?). Or am I just unlucky in never running into DM's?

Thanks lads.

Rwby

Re: RPR rating

Post by Rwby » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:03 pm

Your RPR should never be changed by a DM without directly informing you of the cause. I'd message the DM team to investigate and feedback on this for you.

Astegard
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Astegard » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Same for me, used to play when Udos was around and came back with EE.
Had 30 rpr back then and don't recall it taking long to get it. (By chance good rp that got witnessed?)

The staying 10 at one point does start to feel like critique. (think being higher before EE/in the past is a big factor here)

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:52 pm

it might be something wrongly configured on your end? I recall old RPR being migrated to your new EE cd keys somewhere.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:52 pm

When you move over your CD keys, you should get your rpr rating back. (there's instructions elsewhere on the forum for how to do that.)
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Saleph

Post by Saleph » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Hm. I merged my CD-keys, got access to all my chars. But a lower RPR rating. And no message about it being lowered at any point. I only suspected the EE change, because my trial account on beamdog had a 10 rpr.

Astegard
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Astegard » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Same got my characters but not RPR, mind you i dont know how long RPR gets saved. These were from Udos times.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 pm

I had this issue. Logging in to one of my old accounts (Wytchee) fixed it, so not sure why yours is still poo.

As for RPR, I play anywhere from 4-12 hours a day (to my shame). In 12+ years (or as long as RPR has been around) I have never seen my RPR rise above 20. So... yeah, I've learned to not only not take it personally, but just disregard it all together.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 pm

RPB has changed across the years I think. Nowadays 0-20 is about the quality, and 30-40 is about how much you can make things happen. You can be a great RPer, the best writer, and people's person, but it's likely you stay 20 if you're not playing a leadership role (not necessarily a settlement), or a (role)play maker of some sort. I've seen and heard of plenty 30s whose writing quality was not as good as 20's, but had it exclusively on the grounds of inclusion.
:)

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Cortex wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 pm
RPB has changed across the years I think. Nowadays 0-20 is about the quality, and 30-40 is about how much you can make things happen. You can be a great RPer, the best writer, and people's person, but it's likely you stay 20 if you're not playing a leadership role (not necessarily a settlement), or a (role)play maker of some sort. I've seen and heard of plenty 30s whose writing quality was not as good as 20's, but had it exclusively on the grounds of inclusion.
And that's fine. I tend to play rather low-key/support characters, which is very likely why I haven't been put on anyone's radar yet. :lol:
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:10 pm

30 has always been "being a part of the world" on top of quality RP

(Although some years some DMs made it just quality roleplay and if they don't adventure too much but are still really active)

40 was 30 along with someone who makes everyone else's experience extremely enjoyable where their roleplay was not only over and above expectations, but was the opposite of oride gaming. They were willing to bend their own character concept if it meant others enjoying themselves more (like any good improv actor would). These kind of peoole are not only exemplary, but help nobodies/everybody around them feel like they are part of the world/plot. As much as I use to get frustrated gor never being above 20 myself, I knew I was never 40. Well actually I was 40 near beginning of the whole system when numbers where being thrown all over the place and before what I call "the great RPR purge" happened. No one really got to play shifters those days and new red dragon disciples didnt really happen (it had like a really stupid lvl/build requirement on top of like a 40 RPR)
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again