The Half-Goblins? Surface, Underdark or Both?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Petrifictus

The Half-Goblins? Surface, Underdark or Both?

Post by Petrifictus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:02 pm

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Half-goblin

Read that Half-Goblins are real in the Forgotten Realms and got curious how they're counted in the Arelith or possible to exist?
Do they count as only Underdark-race like Outcasts or can they be played as Surface-race too?
To my eyes they're like Half-Orcs that can be played in the both sides.

I'm sure they're counted as 5% Reward if possible to make one as character. Just pick human or half-elf and give them the "monster head" they have as options as I doupt them being big as half-orcs.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

PinataPlethora

Re: The Half-Goblins? Surface, Underdark or Both?

Post by PinataPlethora » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Anything not currently mechanically supported would be a Major Award, yes. If for no reason other than their rarity, I imagine they'd have to start as UD Monsters or Outcasts, and could never achieve any higher standing or trust than a Half-Orc.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:49 pm

You can do anything you like with a 5% if you can talk the Admins into it.

Otherwise, presume such things are impossible and never will be.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:50 pm

I think they'd definatly be a 5% award.

At a Guess (and I stress, this is just a guess) we'd probably be Outcast or Underdark race. That said, that's realy a decision to put to the Dev when/if someone applies to play one and would depend a little on the concept involved.

Any other details would probably be worked out at that time too. You might even get special stats for them or something. Again though, that's more a point to discuss with the Devs when and if such a reward was spent in that manner.

Hope that helps.

- Dm GrumpyCat
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:23 am

As a lifehack, avoid using Forgotten Realms wiki at all, since it's plagued with materials from across all editions, and other settings, and sometimes even homebrew articles.
Half goblins are not something that I recall existing at all in 3.0 and 3.5, but if you can find them in the according lorebooks, then the devs may consider them as remotely viable for a 5% to begin with (I'll eat my modem if they actually exist, btw).

Realistically speaking, half goblins do not seem something that may add to the setting of Arelith, and the chance that you'd ever see one in game (other than your standard failed chimera, mandatory in every mad wizard laboratory), are practically null.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!