Enchantments

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Kharne

Enchantments

Post by Kharne » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:59 am

Is Greensteel Breastplate with weight reduction a possible enchantment to get a god save?
Similarly, is 3x +1 major enchantments (Say.... +1 Con, Str, Uni Saves) able to get god saved?

I tried to do some math and play with the tool set to find out, but I just confused myself.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Enchantments

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:03 am

A Greensteel Breastplate is too valuable for a God Save.

2 Stats and Uni Save can trigger a God Save with ESF:Enchantment. 3 Stats is beyond the threshold.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

What_Evil_Lurks
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by What_Evil_Lurks » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:03 am

5% enchantments will not fire a god save. All of those things you listed are 5% rolls.
Edit* Karate Chopped
RED GANOT wrote:STEP 1: Stop being scared of conflict.

Barradoor
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Barradoor » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:13 am

I have not been able to get a str, con unisave item with 20 tries on an epic enchanter at 100% piety. Guess Mystra hates my enchanter..
Mithreas wrote:get good
eters wrote:I will try to resonate with you in a way you can understand
Peppermint wrote:if Barradoor is the voice of reason you know things have taken a horrible turn
Barradoor wrote:
!!HIGH LEVEL MECHANICS BELOW!!

Red Sunset

Post by Red Sunset » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:17 am

Since the limit on enchantments is 10,000, and 12, 426 is well over that, +1 strength +1 constitution and +1 universal saves is not a god-saveable 5%.

However, Enchantment basically lets you add a bit more than this 10,000 coin mark by cutting the value of the enchantment added. I will do the math for epic enchantment, which cuts the cost to .65 of the total. So for say +1 con +1 strength +1 universal saves you first put all of these onto an item, note the cost of this, which in this case is 12, 426.

Now you remove the costliest enchantment. This will be one of the +1 stat ones. The price now is 5,406. This means the cost of adding the last +1 stat to an item with one +1 stat and +1 universal saves is 12,426-5,406=7020.

Now you do 7020*.65=4563. With epic enchantment focus the cost of adding this last +1 stat is 4563. Now we add 4563 to 5406 (this number, if you remember is the value of the item that has one +1 stat and +1 universal save on it). The result is 9969. This is equal to or less than 10,000 so in this case the item with +1 strength +1 constitution and +1 universal saves is god-saveable as long as you have epic focus enchantment.

Edit: yes I should note, after I read rambling midget below I did this above on a belt.
Last edited by Red Sunset on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:17 am

Oh! It has to be on a belt, boots, cloak, amulet, weapon, or helm. Armor and rings will break the threshold.

I think Light Armor will work, but Medium and Heavy might be too high.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill