How hardcoded is the 3 class script?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Seven Sons of Sin

How hardcoded is the 3 class script?

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:29 am

One of my greatest "RARRHGHGH" things about NWN is that you can take maximum 3 different classes. They corrected this slightly in NWN2, with allowing you the chance of 4.

But is the only solution to allowing more than 3 classes haks?
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Rystefn

Re: How hardcoded is the 3 class script?

Post by Rystefn » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:20 am

My understanding is that it's pretty deep in the engine, but I'm not exactly an expert. I've never seen any server manage to change it, though.
Layla Rashmi: Fighting off alien monsters and sleeping with Amazon Moon Maidens... FOR SCIENCE!

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:42 am

I have played on all sorts of servers since 2001. As much fun as this game has brought me, I sometimes wonder what I could have achieved if I had put all the hours I put into this game into trying to cure a disease. >.>

Of all the servers I've played on, hak-heavy ones included, some of which featured the PrC haks, I have never found a single server that lets you level up into more than three classes - with the standard "levelling up" option, that is.

I have, however, seen properties and abilities added to a character either through the leto'ing of feats (ELC set Off, Server Vault), and seen entire "prestige classes" added through creature hides and custom scripts.

I am guessing that this is one of those things that is unlikely to ever change. Sorry!
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:44 pm

PRC does let you take more than three. I remember being able to do it on World Serpent Inn.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:07 am

Did not know, TIL.

I'm not really sure I'd want four classes, though. I frequently agonize (more than) enough over three.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:08 pm

I find the FL "leveling" system to alleviate that boredom of typical class progression. Being able to take a zillion feats makes for an interesting building experience. It might be the closest cure for the "three-class malaise" that you speak of.