Are we allowed to bypass the level restriction via out of party?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

BegoneThoth

Are we allowed to bypass the level restriction via out of party?

Post by BegoneThoth » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:57 pm

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19200&start=200#p157895
I mean, of course it isn't. You're deliberately being obtuse here. Nobody has answered you yet because you're asking an incredibly stupid question. Why would high levels playing with lower levels be against the rules? The developers who introduced this change have made it clear that they did so because they felt that it was too easy for low levels to get boosted through their writs by high levels, thereby sidestepping the intended design of writs, which was to provide a significant exp reward for completing level-appropriate challenges - how do you reach the conclusion that low and high levels shouldn't interact with each other under any circumstances from that?
I reached the conclusion after noting that characters beyond a three level range cannot aid with leveling content via a new mechanical obstacle. I want to know if I'm going to be accused of cheating or circumventing a shadow rule by doing what I have been doing, that is helping lowbies, by not being in their party when I do it.

Since it's very awkward to help someone while not being in their party or last hitting, I need to know if I'm breaking the rules by sidestepping a very clear and intended gameplay mechanic.

And if I cannot follow lowbies into dungeons and tank for them while not in their party, what can I do to help them with the writs that have rather intense difficulty spikes?

Is my proposed method of putting a lowbie on - guard and equipping non-enchanted weapons so I do as little dmg as possible allowed? Intended? Or forbidden? Am I cheating by helping people?

I do want to know because all the steps I have to take now to help a lowbie feel suspiciously like an exploit; using obtuse game mechanics (party system) to avoid intended consequences OF that system.

And finally, if that is allowed and intended, what was 'fixed' by the new quest level limit? What was the goal and was that goal accomplished?
My question is simple, are we allowed to bypass this new writ level restriction by not being in the same party as the lower level person we are trying to help, or is this an exploit of the party mechanics? Is this an actual rule-violating exploit to throw on non-damaging weapons and -guard for a whole dungeon, while not being in the same party as the quest-havers, to avoid/bypass/circumvent/etc the new writ 3 level mechanic?

If it is not an exploit and we are intended to bypass the system thusly, why was the system implemented at all?
\

Ecstatic

Re: Are we allowed to bypass the level restriction via out of party?

Post by Ecstatic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:30 pm

Yeah, so. Last iteration of this got locked. Not sure what prompted the thought that dragging it out further would be fine.
TANSTAAFL