FoM and Bigbies

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

flower

FoM and Bigbies

Post by flower » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:16 pm

When Kensai were thing and every second caster wearing vests of FoM….

...there was made a change. When you had FoM, but not mind ward, you got immobilized. Now with kensais gone, and FoM items gone, how about to return it into previous state? FoM is now in addition breacheble.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: FoM and Bigbies

Post by yellowcateyes » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:31 pm

This reads more like a suggestion than a Q&A. If it is a question, the Bigby's line of spells remains unchanged - Mind Protection will prevent paralysis / knockdown, but the target will still be immobilized unless they have FoM.

If it's a suggestion, can you provide more reasoning why a nerf to these spells is warranted?
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:02 am

These changes weren't made with the assumption that kensai/FoM vests would run rampant. So if anything, those adjustments brought them in line with where they were supposed to be.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:27 am

That sounds like it would make FoM overpowered if I'm understanding (and I'm not sure that I am).
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).