Riding Skill

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

RoyalBlood

Riding Skill

Post by RoyalBlood » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Hello,

http://wiki.arelith.com/Riding

Riding is a Dex Skill, right now because of my Dex bonus alone I have a 9 in riding. But that does not seem to count towards actually being cappable of riding, I would need to invest 6 points via the skill sheet.

On this wiki page it says Dex bonus will not effect the speed increase, only the points and items.

So my question is this:

If I put 6 points into Ride, the bare minimum. Will it then calculate the Dex bonus bringing me to 15 overall after I hit that minimum? Or will I forever be riding at a skill level of 6?

PinataPlethora

Re: Riding Skill

Post by PinataPlethora » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:23 pm

While it may not increase your ride speed, your Dex bonus should still count toward your ride score to reduce your chance of being thrown off.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:04 am

The devs have implied only base skill counts, but have also said that the riding formula is so complex in its final form that it can't be explained.

Take 33 ranks or 0, and hope the system is finished someday aand bug free.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:27 am

I have 16 ride, [including -1 dex.] and the Ex-riding gift, and never get thrown. That's my only imput, I'm afraid!

RoyalBlood

Post by RoyalBlood » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:47 am

So, testing this out, I put 6 natural points in to ride and rode around fine for about 5 minutes without falling off once. So I think the Dex bonus does come into play after you reach that initial 6.

I just did it for a quick test then deleveled 100xp so I can put the skill points into what I actually needed, my next level i'll actually take the ride skill and use it regularly (the mounted combat is pretty sweet.)