Moving Characters Over

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

DarkPerin

Moving Characters Over

Post by DarkPerin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:18 am

I read the post about how to mover character's over. I am returning after being gone for some time, and while I had my NWN.ini backed up for a day like this, the drive it was on, is no longer working. Is it possible to have my character moved over if I don't have the old key for it? I may have screenshots of my old character uploaded somewhere. I can tell you what class they are, what god they worshiped and everything.

PinataPlethora

Re: Moving Characters Over

Post by PinataPlethora » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:38 am

Is there no way for you to recover your CD key? Did you buy through GoG? Can you find your old manual cover? Do you have the game files backed up anywhere else?

The easy way is to copy nwncdkey.ini to the Neverwinter Nights folder in your Documents folder, and then login with your old username. Without that, you'll probably have to speak with an administrator to work something out.

DarkPerin

Post by DarkPerin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:22 am

No. It wasn't from GoG. It was from a box. But... Pretty sure that box is long gone. It was the reason I had backed up the NWN.ini file.

My new version is on steam, so hopefully I'll never have to buy NWN ever again. Or lose another key.

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:29 pm

If that's the case, I'd suggest contacting Dunshine and/or Mithreas to see if your old characters can be manually moved to your new account/key.