MODULE DEVS: How does arelith's Underdark relate to the Surface?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

JediMindTrix

MODULE DEVS: How does arelith's Underdark relate to the Surface?

Post by JediMindTrix » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi!

Is there a map somewhere that I could use to compare Arelith's Underdark with it's Surface? Preferably a written map (and the UD Map maker doesn't actually map Arelith's UD afaik).
If not, can some Dev's answer some questions for me?

1) What is directly above the caverns that house Andunor?
2) What is below Minmir?
3) Is there anything below Cordor?
4) Do any of the Underdarks caverns extend into what would be the sea above it?
5) What is below the Bendir Dale?

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: MODULE DEVS: How does arelith's Underdark relate to the Surface?

Post by Mithreas » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:36 pm

I find the best way to think about this is to bear in mind that the Grotto is directly below Brog. And the Stinger Caves connect to the Bendir Dale orc caves.

I'm not completely up to date on changes added in the last few years, but we've always tried for the connections between surface and UD to make sense relative to each other, so you should be able to figure out the answers to your questions based on them :)
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:12 am

The connections make sense only if we assume long, circuitous routes between area transitions.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:48 am

To some extent, yes. Please bare in mind the UD also has depth and several tiers so its difficult to map it considering the space it occupies. Its probably not to scale to the surface entry points but one can argue it makes sense for it being a huge cave system and you go up and down all the time. Also some freedom has been taken for actual transitions, say a transition leading straight up from rope climbing there might have been crooks and turns during that climb for instance.