Pirate reputation and Eamon's tasks.

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

buyonegetonefree

Pirate reputation and Eamon's tasks.

Post by buyonegetonefree » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:43 pm

So far I am not sure is the situation my character is in a bug or I missed some detail.

By doing tasks given by Eamon pirate slowly increase his reputation. Initial rank is "Greenhorn", final supposed to be "Dread pirate", however after my character finished all available tasks its rank remained as "Buccaneer".
Question is: does character achieve a "Dread pirate" rank only via pirate writs or it's something granted by DM for long-therm pirate RP?
If it's based on tasks, I can assume character is bugged, so can a DM contact me in that case?

Hunter548

Re: Pirate reputation and Eamon's tasks.

Post by Hunter548 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:50 pm

The contracts you can take are based on character level. I assume that if you can't take any more quests, you're not high enough level for the rest of them.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

buyonegetonefree

Post by buyonegetonefree » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Hunter548 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:50 pm
The contracts you can take are based on character level. I assume that if you can't take any more quests, you're not high enough level for the rest of them.
My chararacter reached maximum level, besides, pirate task, despite their similarity with writ system, are not writs. You can't do them several time, you can't pick more than one per rl day, etc.
I found what was caused issue though. Character wasn't bugged, it achieved Dread pirate rank, issue is in a pirate contract. For some reason rank doesn't appear correctly on a document.

I_Am_King_Midas
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by I_Am_King_Midas » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:15 pm

Are there benefits for each of the ranks? Does the gameplay change as you progress?
Last character: Vahrix Amolyn

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:41 pm

There are presently no mechanical benefits apart from bragging rights or roleplay elements (if you're a dread pirate, it's safe to say you're a bit of the scourge of the law etc). The only mechanics directly tagged to being a pirate is owning/leasing property/ships/shops in Sencliff.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:55 pm

If rank doesn't appear correctly on documents, is there any way to check it besides asking someone who can see it OOC?
Ganus- Riding the Isle (Active)
Aura Bigstep - Got Out Ahead (Retired)
Egos Ironhide - Shelved
Consult a medical professional before believing anything Nevrus says.

Poolbrain
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Poolbrain » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Last rank is bugged on the documents. You cant check on your own. Not even with familiar. Im not sure when the smugglers stops taking money for their service, maybe thats a possible tell?

Otherwise, dont worry if you done all the fixers tasks. You're dread :D