"Invalid Character"

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

msterswrdsmn

"Invalid Character"

Post by msterswrdsmn » Thu May 17, 2018 6:07 am

Hey! Got the nwn ee edition and a bit of free time so I tried poking around again. I saw there were a ton of new rogue updates, so I remade mifune to take advantage of them. Half the time I login though, i get an "Invalid character - you can't play this character" message. No idea why. I can still login after multiple attempts....known bug? Or did I do something wrong?

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: "Invalid Character"

Post by MalKalz » Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 am

Were you swapping servers?

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 am

No, just straight logging in. I had to cycle login attempts through several servers before getting in. Most of the time it just straight out refused to let me login and kicked me right back to the character vault. One time dropped me into an ooc area with a sign saying "your character is invalid and you cannot play on this character"...or something to that effect.

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 am

It happened to me with some characters too. Try logging in to another server. So instead of planes, log in to surface or vice versa and select the same character.
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"