Where the lvl 17's hand out at?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

StrykerMontgomery

Where the lvl 17's hand out at?

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Thu May 17, 2018 1:33 am

Haven't been in a while.. obviously my character has a lack of contacts and I run into either new people or people way too high lvl and its kind of RP awkward to interrogate every person till someone happens to be in proper level range
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again

Xerah

Re: Where the lvl 17's hand out at?

Post by Xerah » Thu May 17, 2018 1:47 am

That’s one of the benefits of leveling up from the early levels. You learn who’s who and approx levels.

You’re just going to have to try to find a way around it! Join factions. Talk to people about what they’re fighting etc
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Thu May 17, 2018 1:56 am

Xerah wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:47 am
That’s one of the benefits of leveling up from the early levels. You learn who’s who and approx levels.

You’re just going to have to try to find a way around it! Join factions. Talk to people about what they’re fighting etc
the factions I want to join are seldomly on when I am flakely on.

Leveling up from early levels is great... except when you inevitably have to take a break. I never had an epic lvl character on a roleplay server once (except those ridiculous RP lite ones where you get exp way too easily lol)

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Thu May 17, 2018 2:31 am

If I am on, contact me. I can help.

But basically go up to Guldorand inside the inn, Logjam, get writs there. It should be ok for level 17 to do.... or go to Crow's Nest via the ship.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Thu May 17, 2018 11:53 am

Well both of you seemed to post within four of when I wake for work.. so yeah lol

Thank you for the location suggestions though.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Thu May 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Casual gaming on Arelith ain't easy. Honestly, if you're wanting levels & don't have time to spend gathering a party — solo.

With The Sky Below My Feet

Post by With The Sky Below My Feet » Thu May 17, 2018 3:46 pm

With the introduction of writs all you ever have to do is wait next to a registrar handing out writs around your level range.

This is a viable option up to level 23 or so, until you're out of the level range of people completing writs. Which is 20.
Suddenly everyone's smiling.

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Thu May 17, 2018 7:44 pm

With The Sky Below My Feet wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:46 pm
With the introduction of writs all you ever have to do is wait next to a registrar handing out writs around your level range.

This is a viable option up to level 23 or so, until you're out of the level range of people completing writs. Which is 20.

I actaully found with writs it s little jsrder with my new character with people olaying in cliques or just wanting to rapidly hammer out their writs instead of hsving a need to be inclusive go a party. Then there is also the problem of me grabbing different writs. But your right, ambushing someone to party up at a writ migjt be viable. Assuming anyone is around at thst time.

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 pm

Ork wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:24 pm
Casual gaming on Arelith ain't easy. Honestly, if you're wanting levels & don't have time to spend gathering a party — solo.

My AC progression is not able to keep up with being solo the way I built the guy at this level. Unless ineant to grind 5 to 10 exp monsters,but running around full speed slaughtering.things instantly non stop tends to be an odd and unsatisfying rp etiquette.

Rebel4ever

Post by Rebel4ever » Fri May 18, 2018 9:20 am

My AC progression is not able to keep up with being solo the way I built the guy at this level. Unless ineant to grind 5 to 10 exp monsters,but running around full speed slaughtering.things instantly non stop tends to be an odd and unsatisfying rp etiquette.
I was wondering how people handle that! I assume its just lots of consumables. Its still pretty difficult to keep up with the way the AC items are.

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 pm

You should always get your stats up with potions/wands/scrolls before venturing anywhere, solo or in a group. It's just common sense. Barskin, mage armor, cat's grace, and shield should all be applied, and you should also stock up on haste wands or potions.

Void

Post by Void » Sat May 19, 2018 8:36 am

StrykerMontgomery wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 pm
Erm... the idea is not to circle grind but to do writs you can handle. This way you'll be more likely to bump into people within your level range, write will give you a goal, and on the way to the goal you'll get combat xp and some items.

There's no central hub for level 17 to hang out. In general, I think on arelith you shouldn't ever feel the need to ask someone's level, but that's just my opinion. Higher level characters are more likely to be encountered near agents that give higher level writs, but that's pretty much it. At this level they'll be all over the place in completely random locations, and some people will start scrapping their characters.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Sat May 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Dr. B wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 pm
You should always get your stats up with potions/wands/scrolls before venturing anywhere, solo or in a group. It's just common sense. Barskin, mage armor, cat's grace, and shield should all be applied, and you should also stock up on haste wands or potions.

Well my guy is a Kensai from before the time of using options and i built hom intentionally to be a damage machine no solo survival or one on one pvp viable. All about the niche fun builds.

Im just finding out IG and IC best ways to stock up potions and work my way around the world, things are working out fine though :)

(Most strangers, not seeing me before, assume I am some random scrub and I my charscter ends up having to be quite rude to get his foot in the door sometimes lol. Got a few doors in the face toom

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Sat May 19, 2018 6:59 pm

NegInfinity wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:36 am
StrykerMontgomery wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 pm
Erm... the idea is not to circle grind but to do writs you can handle. This way you'll be more likely to bump into people within your level range, write will give you a goal, and on the way to the goal you'll get combat xp and some items.

There's no central hub for level 17 to hang out. In general, I think on arelith you shouldn't ever feel the need to ask someone's level, but that's just my opinion. Higher level characters are more likely to be encountered near agents that give higher level writs, but that's pretty much it. At this level they'll be all over the place in completely random locations, and some people will start scrapping their characters.
Yeah, I'm starting to get use to the writs. Some writs that are in my level range are beyond my solo ability, some though with potions have been somewhat feasible.

The advice can cease guys, i am iver my frustration hump :)