Storage Question

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

SockYeti
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Storage Question

Post by SockYeti » Tue May 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Hey quick question on storage in a quarter.

I'm about to get out of town for about a week and a half (getting married and then honeymoon) and I know the time on quarters is only 7 days so I'm fully expecting to lose the home I have (which sucks but such is life). What is going to happen to my items I have in storage? Will I lose them all or will who ever buys my place get them? Or should I just clear the storage out before I leave? (Kind of meta game grey area that Poe would even know to do so).

Thoughts? Help?
Talg Two Fingers - A mighty Trog fighting for his brothers.

Retired:
Poe Pimmin - the bard looking for his song
Brugga Stonehelm - the not so priestly priest of Moradin

PinataPlethora

Re: Storage Question

Post by PinataPlethora » Tue May 15, 2018 10:40 pm

The items that you have in storage will be up for grabs to whoever finds your abandoned quarter first. Someone might buy the place and take your stuff, or they might just take your stuff and leave. You can leave it there if you don't want it, but you're under no obligation to abandon your items just because you feel your character wouldn't know.

Life interrupts constantly. Characters' stories and lives get cut off and picked up again at your convenience. It's perfectly fine to grab your loot if you know your quarter is going to time out. In fact, it's especially courteous to put it up for sale just before you leave, so that it isn't wasted while you're gone. You can always find another.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue May 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Absences because of real life don't have to be OOC! Since you're going to be gone for the IG equivalent of ~4 months, I would make up an IC excuse that explains your absence ("traveling to the mainland" is a pretty common one), empty out the quarter, and put it up for sale. You could even sell it to an IC friend and hope they sell it back on your return.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Versatile

Post by Versatile » Wed May 16, 2018 1:51 pm

It isn't ooc when Poe can read his lease and know he won't be back in time to make the payment on the room. Take your things if you want to keep them. I would recommend not logging out in the room though.