Spellbook and feat selection questions as a Shadow Mage with SD levels

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Kaeldre

Spellbook and feat selection questions as a Shadow Mage with SD levels

Post by Kaeldre » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Hey there!
I was wondering if there were any changes to the epic feat selection that a shadowmage takes when choosing SD as a class? Is it the same as in vanilla nwn1? I'm referring to the bonus epic feats that SD get when you invest more than 10 levels in the prestige class.

Additionally, I was wondering if a character with the shadowmage path gets any spell progression as a SD. Do you get to choose new spells as if you levelled up as a wizard/sorcerer, or do you only get the caster levels?
To believe in an ideal is to be willing to betray it.

Vilinde

Re: Spellbook and feat selection questions as a Shadow Mage with SD levels

Post by Vilinde » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:02 am

I've been wondering this same thing

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:46 am

No, the SD bonus feat list isn't available to shadowmages (unless they qualify by dint of having relevant SD levels). Manipulating bonus feat lists without using haks removes "clean" options and means we're left with only clunky ones like feat substitution.

On spell slots, I believe there was an ambition to add spell slots with SD levels at one point, but I don't think it's been implemented yet.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Kaeldre

Post by Kaeldre » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Okay, thats good to know. I'm new to the server so I'm still looking through my options for my build, and you helped a ton!
To believe in an ideal is to be willing to betray it.