No rats

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Azraket

No rats

Post by Azraket » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:22 pm

New to this server and nwn pw in general, so I'm not sure how some of these things go. I'm in the starting ice town and took some jobs, clear some rats out of a granary and a cave, but there is no rats, even though I can hear rat sounds, so that makes me wonder if they are just not displaying to me for some reason, or if that's normal and they are just on a respawn timer or something. Also my druid companion animal won't follow me up and down ladders, is this normal too? Last thing, is sometimes I am told my character is illegal and can't log in, but if I try 1 or 2 more times, it works and I can play just fine. He's just a human druid, no subrace or anything. Two minor gifts and 1 major at creation.

cptcuddlepants

Re: No rats

Post by cptcuddlepants » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Azraket wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:22 pm
New to this server and nwn pw in general, so I'm not sure how some of these things go. I'm in the starting ice town and took some jobs, clear some rats out of a granary and a cave, but there is no rats, even though I can hear rat sounds, so that makes me wonder if they are just not displaying to me for some reason, or if that's normal and they are just on a respawn timer or something. Also my druid companion animal won't follow me up and down ladders, is this normal too? Last thing, is sometimes I am told my character is illegal and can't log in, but if I try 1 or 2 more times, it works and I can play just fine. He's just a human druid, no subrace or anything. Two minor gifts and 1 major at creation.
1. It's the latter. They're on a respawn timer, which is about six minutes long, so that means a zone needs to be empty of players for six minutes before the rats will reappear.

2. That's normal. The -fetch command teleports your companion to you, but the command has a cooldown of two minutes.

3. I'm not sure on this one.
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:51 pm

3. Is that happening when you switch to a different server, or when you first log in? There are known issues with server transitions that have been brought up with Beamdog.

liver and bones

Post by liver and bones » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Did you happen to gain a level while in your wild form? That's maybe where the illegal char status came from.

Also, rats exist in dungeon accessed by the side door of the trading post, and also in the Founder's Cave.

SockYeti
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SockYeti » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:36 pm

The illegal char status is a bug. It happens to me a lot when ever I transition from server to server (IE going from Cordor to the roads north). If you log back in you should end up where you expect.
Talg Two Fingers - A mighty Trog fighting for his brothers.

Retired:
Poe Pimmin - the bard looking for his song
Brugga Stonehelm - the not so priestly priest of Moradin

Azraket

Post by Azraket » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:46 am

Thanks everyone, very helpful.
It happens when I first login, I didn't gain any levels in a wild form. I don't mind having to relogin a time or two to get it to work, glad it's not something I did wrong with my character. Thanks again everybody.