Do DM's ever validate reports?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Hydranis

Do DM's ever validate reports?

Post by Hydranis » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:40 pm

I was involved in a few PvP incidents and I forwarded all of the information with screenshots to the DM Team. It's been a few days already, but I have yet to hear anything back. I understand that there may be an investigation, or perhaps they don't think that any rules were broken. All I'm really looking for is validation that "We have the report and are looking into it, it's unfounded, or it's been taken care of."

Plus I want to make sure they even got the report. The incident affected several players that night, a few more players the next night, and if their behavior is similar probably many more players.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Do DM's ever validate reports?

Post by Durvayas » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:15 pm

In my experience, the DM team is generally fairly quiet about reports. If you ask them to look into something, you might get a message that it is being looked into, but generally, you won't hear much, if anything, when submitting a report about PvP. Griefing reports, you'll usually get a "we'll look into it", but PvP they don't say much about, mostly because they don't announce punishments, and, if they decide to be lenient or dismiss something as entirely above board, they don't want to irritate the person who put in the report(in this case you), by informing them of such.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Hydranis wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:40 pm
I was involved in a few PvP incidents and I forwarded all of the information with screenshots to the DM Team. It's been a few days already, but I have yet to hear anything back. I understand that there may be an investigation, or perhaps they don't think that any rules were broken. All I'm really looking for is validation that "We have the report and are looking into it, it's unfounded, or it's been taken care of."

Plus I want to make sure they even got the report. The incident affected several players that night, a few more players the next night, and if their behavior is similar probably many more players.
Did you PM or E-mail it to us?

I've responded to just about every PM, but will check if yours is there. I've not checked the g-mail inbox, and will check it later today.

For the record, yes, we validate reports with a single response to the likes of: "We have the report and will be taken care of, thank you, etc. etc. etc".
Please don't feed my sister.

Hydranis

Post by Hydranis » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:11 am

ImageIt was sent to the DM Team as a whole. If it didn't go through I can resend it as it's still in my sent box.

EDIT: Double checked. Sent to DM Spyre and Active Admins.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:12 am

While the "Active Admins" are capable of handling issues of that nature or passing it on to those who can(the latter being the more frequent outcome), they're less likely to give a "received, looking into it" or "passed it on" message, due to how many messages they receive daily and how busy they are dealing with bugs and other system/module related things.

I know for a fact DM Spyre also receives a massive quantity of PMs, and has lost PMs in the mix before.

While the people you sent it to does work, generally speaking it's best to file reports with "Active DMs", as that is available by every DM on the team, all of which are able to handle general issues. This will give your report the best chances of being looked into a timely manner, keeping in mind the results of a report are not often passed back to those who filed it, as was stated above.
If you have a problem with one of the DMs, sending it to DM Spyre who is the head DM is the best option, he will look into the matter and get back to you when able.
If the issue is with DM Spyre, then it's best to go for Active Admins, or even Irongron specifically(the server owner).

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:32 am

Hi there,

Just to confirm. I have read your message and sent a response back. As noted above, there is advise on where to direct reports in the future.

If you ever wish follow up to ensure I have read a message, please send a nudge to DM Spyre#8042 saying that you had sent something. That way I know to look for something.

I’ll lock this as it has been addressed

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.