[SOLVED] Enchantment basin: Rename and Description

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Huschpfusch

[SOLVED] Enchantment basin: Rename and Description

Post by Huschpfusch » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:44 am

How or where can one make RP-items in Cordor and Underdark city these days? The enchantment basins in settlements do not seem to offer the "Rename" and "Item Description" function anymore. :o
Is this just my characters being bugged or did they take away those functions from the basins on purpose?

Help, please, my characters need to be able to customize the awesome garbage items they keep finding and creating!
Last edited by Huschpfusch on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

PinataPlethora

Re: Enchantment basin: Rename and Description

Post by PinataPlethora » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:27 am

You can also use any crafting fixture that you have at least one tradeskill point for, by selecting [Improve Item].

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 am

If the items aren’t magically enhanced (mundane items you find etc) they can’t be renamed. The easiest way to enable this is to add weight reduction via the enchanting pool.

Void

Post by Void » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 pm

Huschpfusch wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:44 am
How or where can one make RP-items in Cordor and Underdark city these days? The enchantment basins in settlements do not seem to offer the "Rename" and "Item Description" function anymore. :o
Is this just my characters being bugged or did they take away those functions from the basins on purpose?

Help, please, my characters need to be able to customize the awesome garbage items they keep finding and creating!
If you're customizing a store-bought item, then you need to add an enchantment to the item first, for example "Reduce weight". Basically, anything that doesn't make it blow up. Adding an enchantment makes the item "yours".

Alternativley you can craft the items, if you have the required skills. You can customize stuff you made yourself.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Thank you all for explaining! Now I finally understand when to hit the basin and when to hit the workstation.
I am encountering another problem though with the basin: the dialogue instead of gold, failure rate % and xp-cost says something utterly weird. Basically just random words. They are in English though, so I don`t think it has to do with my language settings.
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Huschpfusch wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:40 pm

I am encountering another problem though with the basin: the dialogue instead of gold, failure rate % and xp-cost says something utterly weird. Basically just random words. They are in English though, so I don`t think it has to do with my language settings.
This sounds like a bugged basin. Is this happening with all basins, or just a particular one? Does the problem persist after a reset?

The_Queen~s_Rebuke

Post by The_Queen~s_Rebuke » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:07 pm

That is a bug that can happen with high lag, I'm afraid. Input/output text can get a little wonky, if there's a lot of people on. You'll notice this happening quite a lot with portals, tradeskill menus, and Speedy Messengers as well.
hållö hållö wəlcöme to mý cæv