Port District Shop Timers

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Blood on my Lips

Port District Shop Timers

Post by Blood on my Lips » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:30 pm

The timers on the shops in the Port District are currently 2 days. Was this intentional or should it be 7 days like the other shops?

Blood on my Lips

Re: Port District Shop Timers

Post by Blood on my Lips » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Does anyone know the answer to this?

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Some shops have shorter timers, they are nicked Temporary shops. You can still keep it as long as you are active for the shop.

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:57 pm

ActionReplay wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:12 pm
Some shops have shorter timers, they are nicked Temporary shops. You can still keep it as long as you are active for the shop.
These shops are located in houses where the shop sign is behind the locked door. It seems strange that a temporary shop would be behind a locked a door.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Could be an oversight, I'll let Irongron know.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:43 pm

I'll look at the shop timers, could be some are too short.

As for the temporary shop, it is in the canal house, which has both a 'normal' shop and a bar 'temporary shop'. Unless this area has been updated by another developer, the main door out to the canal is not locked.

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Irongron wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:43 pm
I'll look at the shop timers, could be some are too short.

As for the temporary shop, it is in the canal house, which has both a 'normal' shop and a bar 'temporary shop'. Unless this area has been updated by another developer, the main door out to the canal is not locked.
Okay, I'm confused by this. I currently own the Canal house. There is only one shop sign in the house, and while it is behind a locked door, it is accessible to anyone through a wall next to the bar. The bar does not appear to be a temporary shop, but more like the bar feature in the Nomad where you can pass goods back and forth. Items placed in the bar cannot be priced and there is no "X items saved" indicator when closing the shop.

The two day shop timer seems to apply to the other four shops located in housing in the other portion of the Port District.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:01 pm

From what I've seen, places where there is a shop sign behind a locked quarter door have 2 day timer, ones in the open have 7 (for example, the shop/pub/bar in the Cordor outskirts and the ones in the Radiant Heart).
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice