Getting chased down and the 24hr rule

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

mazeofthorns

Getting chased down and the 24hr rule

Post by mazeofthorns » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:00 pm

So, I know that the 24hr rule is that you shouldn't go after people that just killed you for 24hrs. Time to cool off and such.

What can I do when the person that was PVP'd and dies chases my character down and proceeds to taunt them?

I felt like I should have just logged off immediately. But unfortunately my summon got to them and now I, the player, feel terrible that they died again.

Help!
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."

BegoneThoth

Re: Getting chased down and the 24hr rule

Post by BegoneThoth » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:03 pm

What can I do when the person that was PVP'd and dies chases my character down and proceeds to taunt them?
Get a DM. 24 hour rule does not mean you get to dance around your slayer and be a pain.
\

Dinosaur Space Program

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 pm

This kind of thing happens sometimes. Just give a log of what happened to the active DMs here on the forums in case the person that forced the issue tries to report you for something you did not intend to do and call it good. If you don't have a log or misplaced it, just explain things and what happened. Our DM team are very forgiving of accidents. That and the behavior of the 'victem' is out of line and should likely be tagged as such in case they make a habit of this kind of thing.

Summons have been known to do this or stomp all over a fragile situation because controlling them can be a hit and miss thing even with the new widget. So while it says a lot about your good nature that you feel bad about it, you really shouldn't blame yourself too much.
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:16 pm

The rule says that you can't interact without both parties consenting, if he's come to you that's basically consenting. So don't feel bad about slapping that smug grin off his face.
:)

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:08 am

Cortex wrote:The rule says that you can't interact without both parties consenting, if he's come to you that's basically consenting. So don't feel bad about slapping that smug grin off his face.
I thought both parties had to consent.

What if someone gets wrecked for being annoying and pop right back to do it again post death? I didn't consent so they shouldn't be doing it.

It's pretty much the point of the 24 hour rule.
\

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 am

Correct, I'm just stating there is nothing wrong with killing them again if they've come back to be a nuisance.
:)

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 am

It's also metagaming. Because he is [playing based on being protected by the 24 hr rule (though he is not :)). Not only would I report to a DM, I would stop ;playing with him and not interact with his taunts. I might even send him a tell to stop.

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:22 am

While I understand the concern, this topic is better sent to the DM team via a PM to the Active DM group. If you have concerns and wish to explain the situation, give them as much detail as you can with added screenshots or logs if possible.

As is, I'll be locking this.