Accounts and friend's list on EE

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Seekeepeek

Accounts and friend's list on EE

Post by Seekeepeek » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:52 am

A few questions:

Does the new friend-list track people by cd-key or by accounts?
as i understand it you only have the key unless the servers decide to allow unique accounts (example log ins: bob_the_slayer and machine_bot is played by the same player but only on Arelith. Can an other player track one of them and can he see that his playing Arelith on his alt account?) and can you turn this feature off so you can't get tracked? - I had some issues with players stalking me across servers when friends-list was a thing in NWN.

Does the migration throw all my characters into the first account i make in EE, regardless of log ins they have in NWN? so that all my secret alt accounts get merged?

do i need to register all my accounts on the forums to have them get their old log ins on Arelith to keep their anonymity?

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Accounts and friend's list on EE

Post by Dunshine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:00 pm

1. Haven't looked at that funcionality, so not sure.

2. All accounts (playernames) from your current 1.69 cdkey will be also available on your new cdkey 1.74 after you've tied one of the playernames to the EE cdkey using the control panel here on the forum. So you can still login using those different alts.

2.1 Nope, just one.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Other then being able to click the tab, buddy list doesn't seem functional. As in there's no way to add people.

To expand on 2:

All your characters will be in a single vault, but you can log in as any player name tied to your cd-key. You'll be asked everytime for your player name unless if you select the remember me option.

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Thank you Dunshine and Morderon. Much appreciated.
a new question regarding what morderon said:

Does this mean that if you have 3 characters at the account Hitman_with_hair in NWN you can in EE give each of them their own log in name from your one character vault?

edit: sorry logic detect you can if i understand it right. interesting.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 pm

You don't assign a log in name to a character.

But you can log in as any player account (that's tied to you) and log in as any character in your one vault.

So both Hitman_with_hair and Agent_47 can log in with characters A, B, and C.

You ultimately have to remember what player account you're using for each character as it is possible to log in with any character with the "Wrong" player name.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:41 am

There's currently a card about keeping ones anonymity when joining/leaving servers and when clicking the portrait (so it doesn't give player name) under server mechanics "Provide optional filters for listing.."

While you all are there check out the other stuff on the trello board and vote what you're interested in

https://trello.com/b/Lb79bbgy/neverwinter-nights-input

For completeness here's there roadmap board: https://trello.com/b/K0C0i8wF/neverwint ... ed-edition