1.69 playernames

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Lorkas

1.69 playernames

Post by Lorkas » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:42 pm

I know that there's a way to tie our current playernames to our EE CD keys when we get them, but what about those who aren't making the shift now?

I'm asking because my life circumstances now and for the foreseeable future don't allow enough playtime to justify me paying for the EE upgrade, but I'm not sure if/when that might change in the future. If I get EE say 1 or 2 years frin now, will I be able to reclaim my playernames and characters?

HubertCumberdale

Re: 1.69 playernames

Post by HubertCumberdale » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:39 am

I would like to know about this too. My fiance still wants to play NWN but is too busy right now to commit to playing regularly but still wants to bring back a toon she really enjoys playing.

Edit: And if I can hijack this post a bit, can we link several usernames to a CD key or do we only get to choose one?

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:51 am

The way this is set up, you should be able to go to the forum at any point in the future and enter your new keys. However, if you've forgotten your forum login, you won't be able to log in to reset it... so don't forget your forum login between now and then!

There should be nothing in there stopping you linking multiple playernames to a single CD key, but you should find this is unnecessary, because under the covers we're really linking your 1.69 CD key to your EE one. Only if you have multiple 1.69 keys will you need to create multiple links - and though I've not tested it, that should also "just work".
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:54 am

Yep, you should be fine once you've linked 1 of your playernames to your new EE cdkey. After that 1.69 and 1.74 cdkeys are linked in our database, and all playernames of the old cdkey will be available to you on EE.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 am

Thanks for the clarification!