Losexp and trade skill points

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

mazeofthorns

Losexp and trade skill points

Post by mazeofthorns » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:20 pm

All right I admit I'm being slow here, I want all 7 points from one trade skill to go into another. I have read the other posts and it is not making sense to me. Lets say I am at level 25.

1. How many xp points do I have to delevel in order to get this to work?

-----Level 25 is 300,000 - Level 24 is 276,000 - Level 23 is 253,000----

2. Once I'm down from level 25 to level 24 (Or do I have to go to level 23?), can I take the points out then? Or do I have to wait until I level up again?

3. How many points can I remove to reallocate for each delevel?
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."

Kirito

Re: Losexp and trade skill points

Post by Kirito » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:45 pm

you have to remove one levels worth of xp.

so if you are level 25, need to lose 24000xp.

once you do this you can go to a crafting station and remove 2 skill points.

if you have less than your full skill points assigned, you can reassign them too (this basically happens when you are less than 1000 from the next level and then lose the required so

if you don't remove the points before you level up you lose the ability after levelling

so in your example, at level 25 and wanting to remove 7 points you need to remove 4 levels. so a minimum of 24k + 23k + 22k + 21k =90k

2. you need to take the skill points out before releveling

3. 2 per level xp lost (just like when gaining them)

Cataclysm of Iron

Post by Cataclysm of Iron » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:21 pm

I have no interest in respeccing trade skills currently so just asking out of curiosity: is anything (mechanical or rules-wise) stopping me de-leveling from (say) level 12 to 11, taking off two points in (say) forging, leveling up and putting them in (say) herbalism, increasing my level to 12 again, and then dropping down to 11 again and taking two more points from forging to put into herbalism ad infinitum?
Xerah wrote: People have a very weird possessive nature over a lot of things in Arelith.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:11 pm

To clarify, you can remove tradepoints in any trade, no matter the order you put them in, correct?

And I don't think anything is really stopping you from doing that, CoI. It's an incredible tedious task of repetition and if you want to go through the hassle of doing it, feel free. (In my opinion).
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:12 am

Iceborn wrote:To clarify, you can remove tradepoints in any trade, no matter the order you put them in, correct?
Yes

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:35 am

Iceborn wrote:To clarify, you can remove tradepoints in any trade, no matter the order you put them in, correct?

And I don't think anything is really stopping you from doing that, CoI. It's an incredible tedious task of repetition and if you want to go through the hassle of doing it, feel free. (In my opinion).
yes, any order

All uses of los exp and removing points is logged to prevent exploits, but no nothing stopping you switching forever

mazeofthorns

Post by mazeofthorns » Wed May 02, 2018 3:11 pm

All right so... I dropped to 26 from 30 and did not get the option to respec trade skill points. I am perfectly willing to admit I'm not doing it correctly. I am also willing to drop from 30 to below 29 as many times as it takes... if only I could get it to work. :?

Any chance a DM would like to help the hapless player?

Currently:
44 Carpenter
2 Forge
7 Art Crafting
7 Herbalist

Would like to change to:
40 Carpenter
20 Herbalist
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."