What is your typical source for arelith specific changes?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

cornelius_4
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

What is your typical source for arelith specific changes?

Post by cornelius_4 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:18 pm

Hello, I was just wondering what people mostly use as a reference for arelith specific changes. For example, the update thread is probably the most accurate, but it can take a little while to find something specific, so you might be going to the mechanical changes section of the forum, the wiki, arelith.com or maybe you tend to ask other people via discord/tells.

What is your preferred source(s) of information?

Cortex

Re: What is your typical source for arelith specific changes

Post by Cortex » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:20 pm

q&a threads
:)

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Discord.

Wiki is out if date on many things, not all changes make it into announcements, and Q&A can be spotty.
\

Thanatosis

Post by Thanatosis » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:15 pm

My OOC spy network
BegoneThoth wrote:Hardcore player here

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:18 pm

BegoneThoth wrote:Discord.

Wiki is out if date on many things, not all changes make it into announcements, and Q&A can be spotty.
this but i wish it was the wiki

Xanos950

Post by Xanos950 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Thanatosis wrote:My OOC spy network
bonus points for old school arelith memes

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Wiki, supplemented with vague memories and the update thread as needed.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:07 pm

TimeAdept wrote:
BegoneThoth wrote:Discord.

this but i wish it was the wiki
You can point the parts where you see it's outdated, really.
Currently the only things that I'm aware that are not in the wiki are:
Some specific systems (Ie, the ship system, pirate system, wyvern riding system, quest system), which do not belong in the wiki anyway.
Some super oldie articles that need updates and I don't wanna touch with a stick (Settlement systems)
The update on the god aspects (just 100 to go!).

I try to keep up with the forum and all the places where everybody is constantly posting and the devs tweak single things out of whole classes, but we are just a bunch of guys. If nobody points at us that a change goes in, then we can't write about it until we stumble onto it.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:38 pm

The free druid feat at 25 isn't on there, nor are the feats you can pick.

Mummy dust was changed semi recently, don't know if that's on there yet.
\

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:40 pm

BegoneThoth wrote:The free druid feat at 25 isn't on there, nor are the feats you can pick.

Mummy dust was changed semi recently, don't know if that's on there yet.
It'll make Iceborn's life much easier, if you link to the page that needs updating, and write out what new information is needed.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:58 am

Usually the problem with that is that I don't have the exact info or I'd throw it in myself.

The dev post about the druid thing was wrong, and I don't actually know the IG requirements, so I'd be hesitant to put the info on there as I don't know it.

Mummy Dust as well, I don't have a way to test it at the moment and the character sheets for summoned monsters are notoriously untrustworthy.

In short I can't include information I don't have.
\

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 am

That would be great, yes.
As you know, I'm a player. I don't get access to some of the mechanical options unless somebody tells me, or I specifically get a character to test out the mechanics myself, and I don't write things half-guessing if the information is correct (hence why such things like the language system, which have remained largely a contradictory mystery, remains without further updates by my hand).

Regarding the druid free feat, I'd love to know this specifically:
What are the feat choices that you get.
Where do you get it (and if you have any requirement other than level 25).
What happens if you drop from druid level 25 and rebuild. If the feat remains, is it against the rules? (Obviously it is, but I can't write down it is because I haven't confirmed it).

There was an update to the mummies, rather than mummy dust directly. That was updated the day it was posted in the mechanical forum. Is there another update?

Let me make a small tiny addendum here, and be frank about something, a little bit, a little ton. Read it in your mind like I'm rapping like Hamilton.
The wiki is a hobby of mine that I am rather dear of, and is my little sanctum to give something back to Arelith. It is my way of paying back Arelith for all the experiences, for the chances, for the stories, for the people I've met and the characters I've had the pleasure of interacting with. I'm not going to say the server is not short of flaws or that there are things I'd rather other way, but I want it to survive, to keep growing, to keep evolving. And the wiki has played a crucial part for that, because with all the constant updates, with all the great divergence that it has with the main game, it's practically impossible to play without checking on the details of everything that concerns you; you have to check your race, your class, every mechanical optional available, every piece of gear, every piece of clothing, fixtures, trinkets, weapons, adorning! If you are playing a caster, all the minor alterations to the spells, how the spell foci alters the spells, if you have to wield a weapon, you have to check which weapons were altered, maybe even download a fix to correct the character sheet, go through the levelling process, keep in mind every minute rule that appears in your way, the restrictions, consider every tool and how you can still use it narratively beyond what the mere taste of the mechanic can do. It's not just a little bit of information that you have to go through to become part of the world that is Arelith.
And keeping it up to date has been a trying task - we go from blue periods where we have no word from the devs in months, to streaks of massive changes thrice a week. A class that's changed five times; charts that need to be removed and remade, obsolete information, hyperlinks to rename, pieces to rewrite, articles to reformat, lines to clarify, rules to reword and rephrase-fy.
And I do it because I love it.
And if you want to help, don't say it's obsolete, because that casts a shame on the people that keep it. There's a part of me that, I will not deny, finds a bitter feeling with it.
if you want to help, then simply help.
All I need is an email address to set up a new account.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:10 am

It was said to be 25 druid and 25 wisdom but I didn't get there until 28 due to not knowing where it is and being FOIG. Should we list the location? Feats were Dragon Shape, Hellball, and Ruin.

I believe the Orog weapons/armor arn't on the wiki and I don't have their stats handy unfortunately.
\

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:30 am

Cortex wrote:q&a threads
^
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:43 am

BegoneThoth wrote:In short I can't include information I don't have.
But what you can do is start up a Q&A thread to crowd source the information, when you notice that something on the wiki isn't right.

Freyason

Post by Freyason » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:17 am

BegoneThoth wrote: I believe the Orog weapons/armor arn't on the wiki and I don't have their stats handy unfortunately.
Orog weapons and armor are in second post:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15210

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Haks that tell me everything I need to know.

Of course... I don't have those haks, unfortunately. Maybe one day :roll: