True Seeing Changes

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Dr_Hazard89

True Seeing Changes

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Is the new true seeing (the rounds p/spell focus) affected by extended spell? The actual true seeing part of the spell, I mean. Not the +spot.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Teshil

Re: True Seeing Changes

Post by Teshil » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:51 pm

I think only Truesight ability/spell was changed, not the spell True Seeing. I could be wrong about that though.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:18 pm

True Seeing spell was definitely changed, I tried it a few hours ago. It seems to be 1 round, whether it is extended or not.

I find it kind of ironical, that after years and years, threads and threads, that True Seeing gets nerfed this hard now, when such debates have been very much absent for months.

It might have been a way too big of a nerf, those +15 Spot mean very few for people who hadn't built with this in mind. A nerf more akin to greater sanctuary duration would have been better for a start.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:26 pm

I'm in yes with this change- keep in mind, I'm pretty sure once you've spotted someone, they're spotted unless they restealth via HIPS or some manner of trickery.

This change wont stop you from casting TS and seeing someone stealthed in eyesight- all it'll change is being able to chaincast TS/Extended TS and negate stealthers forever. (RIP bat totem, but 70-some listen'll keep you popular probably)

granted, the feedback forum is north of here and the question was answered
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Xanos950

Post by Xanos950 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:21 pm

One Two Three Five wrote:I'm in yes with this change- keep in mind, I'm pretty sure once you've spotted someone, they're spotted unless they restealth via HIPS or some manner of trickery.

This change wont stop you from casting TS and seeing someone stealthed in eyesight- all it'll change is being able to chaincast TS/Extended TS and negate stealthers forever. (RIP bat totem, but 70-some listen'll keep you popular probably)

granted, the feedback forum is north of here and the question was answered
i mean you still have to rp before pvp, so while you type "OI WHO GOES THERE?!" and wait for a response, the other guy's just going to casually walk around a corner and vanish again lul.

The skill bonus is kind of a waste for roughly 60% of those who'd use true sight. those who invest into spotting skills have no issues anyway, soooo i dunno... The change is overdue - but the hammer might have come down a little too zealous there.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:25 pm

See sockss thread on tactics tbh. I've never had a problem with stealthers on arena or other rp servers without Bioware's Bad TS that wasn't essentially self inflicted by way of bad positioning or just not investing in spotting someone.

Less chaincasting TS to negate full skill ranks + dex investment + gear investment is only a good thing. (I remember a rogue sat next to a notorious chain-cast-TS cleric back in the day, hostiled, and obliterated him with opportunity attacks when he cast. That was funny. Rulebreak as hell, but funny. Don't do that.)
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.