Two unrelated questions. Wand crafting + Outcast

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dr_Hazard89

Two unrelated questions. Wand crafting + Outcast

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:48 am

Today I crafted some wands and noticed the XP cost was returned to me as adventure XP. Is this an update that happened?

Also.. I have a character that is a 5% race and is NOT an outcast mechanically. Normally they are unable to use the hub portal, but now they are. They also speak Undercommon fluently when I am pretty sure it was at intermediate/advanced last time I checked. Is this another kind of update or something that's changed?
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Two unrelated questions. Wand crafting + Outcast

Post by DarkDreamer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:57 am

1. yes, its been this way for a while.
2. Not sure about the Portal (may need Devs to look into that) But you could have mastered the language at any time.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:59 am

DarkDreamer wrote:1. yes, its been this way for a while.
Thanks.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Regarding 2: I can't say for sure since I don't know what your 5% race is, but I believe vampires are treated as outcasts for the purposes of the portal and undercommon.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Nitro wrote:Regarding 2: I can't say for sure since I don't know what your 5% race is, but I believe vampires are treated as outcasts for the purposes of the portal and undercommon.
Thanks. If that's the case, then that's new.

Does anyone know more about this change?

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:30 pm

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:
Nitro wrote:Regarding 2: I can't say for sure since I don't know what your 5% race is, but I believe vampires are treated as outcasts for the purposes of the portal and undercommon.
Thanks. If that's the case, then that's new.

Does anyone know more about this change?

Vampires are treated as a Monster race so if that is the case (You're playing Lestat) then the Hub Portal would be open for you. If you're not playing as Armand (Vampire) then something is bad mmmkay.