Persistent Storage in Public Areas

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Cataclysm of Iron

Persistent Storage in Public Areas

Post by Cataclysm of Iron » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:38 am

Something new to the server since I was last around regularly is the proclivity of persistent storage containers in several public places not behind quarter doors. For example in the Cordor outskirts, or the Nomad.

I’m just curious as to how the stealing rules apply to these - obviously clearing out every one you come across even when you’ve no need or use for them is poor form, but does the stealing rule apply when taking more than one item? I’ve sort if been assuming not (from whom are you stealing?) but would be good to get confirmation.
Xerah wrote: People have a very weird possessive nature over a lot of things in Arelith.

caldura firebourne

Re: Persistent Storage in Public Areas

Post by caldura firebourne » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:31 am

They do not on an OOC level, though in many cases if you're taking more than you need and giving nothing in return you're liable to get a talking to in character about it
Plays as the monster in your closet

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Honestly, no. Since the stealing rule is against a player AKA cant pick Nehala's pocket more then once or steal from her house more then once per 24 hrs, BUT you CAN empty out a place thats abandoned. That said, if its not something your character WOULD do, maybe question your chars morals a bit to see if they would actually take it all?

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Charity barrels have no rules subject to them, just keep in minding being nice.
Please don't feed my sister.