Font Size & NWN Ergonomics

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Font Size & NWN Ergonomics

Post by KT28 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:31 pm

A couple decades of computergame-playing and now an occupation that involves staring at a screen all day has not been kind to my eyes. I never had this problem in the past, but since returning to NWN after several years I've found the font size headache-inducingly small, and the colors are so washed out and bland in this game that I feel like my eyes are constantly straining to discern what's on the screen.

I know I can't be the only one who has this problem - has anyone found any mods to change the font size, contrast or color vibrancy, other graphical improvements or anything for NWN? I think I used to have some graphics-improving mods (trees and things) from back in the day but I've since lost them.

I use the high resolution font but that only helps so much. I need like font as large as humanly possible if I'm gonna be staring at it a long time, preferably about 16px (no idea if this is even possible). Also I'm not sure if this is normal (maybe there's something wrong with my graphics setup even?) but I have to turn the in-game gamma almost up to max to feel comfortable seeing anything somewhat-comfortably in game.

Also any chance NWN:EE is going to fix this, does anyone know? Any help at all would be much appreciated!

BegoneThoth

Re: Font Size & NWN Ergonomics

Post by BegoneThoth » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:05 pm

You could lower your resolution.

EE will fix it as it has resolution scaling. But this game was made before things like HUD scaling, so who knows when the fix is coming.
\

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Darn, was hoping I wouldn't have to lower the resolution but I might have no choice. Will try this when I get home, thanks! If EE is able to fix this problem I will be stoked.

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 pm

There is a high resolution font option available in the graphics/game setting menu but YMMV.

The_Queen~s_Rebuke

Post by The_Queen~s_Rebuke » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:10 am

Gonna put this here for anyone else who might have eye issues, but there's a tool that lets you make your own fonts, size your own fonts, etc, for NWN. I hope it helps!

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... font-maker
hållö hållö wəlcöme to mý cæv