Making a horse not transition with you

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Cybernet21

Making a horse not transition with you

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:59 am

So i see horses left and right with the name of someone to it wich means it's assigned to them,but the characters that owns that horse arent on the same map,when i try the same thing telling my horse to stand its ground he still transitions with me once i transition to another map.

TL;DR Question: Is it possible to have an assigned mount not transition with you?
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Kirito

Re: Making a horse not transition with you

Post by Kirito » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:22 am

Dismount and kick out of party :)

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 am

Note: I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended(if it is a bug, this is assuming it hasn't been fixed)

Kicking a horse from the party will keep the name the same, saying "(person)'s Horse"
That said, other players can still mount it when not in your party, which will upon dismounting change the horse's name into "(thief)'s Horse".

When the name of the thief is above the head of the horse, you might find it very difficult to claim the horse is actually yours.
I've seen such happen more than once before.

flower

Post by flower » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 am

The name has no meaning in play. But it is the way how horses work now and i hope it gets changed with customization of horses.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:35 pm

Well i know that IC'ly the name above the horse doesnt mean anything,but OOC'ly i thought it would be a nice thing for people being nice and RP'ing like perhaps someone hitched the horse there,but that is only if what i am saying on this thread is intended or a bug (and i discovered a horse is only kicked out of the party if you log out and log back in so yeah,bug)
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

flower

Post by flower » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:24 pm

Cybernet21 wrote:Well i know that IC'ly the name above the horse doesnt mean anything,but OOC'ly i thought it would be a nice thing for people being nice and RP'ing like perhaps someone hitched the horse there,but that is only if what i am saying on this thread is intended or a bug (and i discovered a horse is only kicked out of the party if you log out and log back in so yeah,bug)

You will find out most people jump on random nearby horse and ride off, then dismount at random place, leave horse there and never return to it....just to pick up another horse and again riding somewhere and....

It is possible to keep one single horse, but you need to return to it, each time you go to log, and log with it, and majority of people who use horses are just lazy to do that...and just pick up another random horse nearby :D

PeterRasta
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by PeterRasta » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:54 pm

If you click to assignt a mount (that has already been assigned to you) twice, then it will get "unassigned".

Thought I'd put that out there if anyone would like to abandon their horse simply a "Horse"
Current characters: Geralt Duskwood, Oddny Baldrsson Svartr

Retired characters: Jared Oster, Basil Murkfoot, Melnor Tey'lin

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:35 pm

PeterRasta wrote:If you click to assignt a mount (that has already been assigned to you) twice, then it will get "unassigned".

Thought I'd put that out there if anyone would like to abandon their horse simply a "Horse"
Yeah you have to do that so the horse doesnt transition with you,since what i came up with on this thread is a bug and not a feature