Stream for summons

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

mazeofthorns

Stream for summons

Post by mazeofthorns » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Ok, I just can't figure this out. I had a book, I clicked on the book, the book is gone. I answered all the questions to set up for elemental fire and when I summon I still get the regular summons.

Help! Can some one give me step by step instructions on how to get the -stream to work? Thanks!
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."

HD52

Re: Stream for summons

Post by HD52 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Okay! First, let's start with the -stream command information.
Arelith Wiki wrote:Use:

-stream
-stream [stream]
The former option opens a chat window with your available streams options. The latter may be used to directly select the stream without the chat prompt. The current options are: -ddef (default dragon), -sil (silver dragon), -pri (prismatic dragon), -red (red dragon), -dra (dracolich), -edef (default elemental), -air (air elemental), -ear- (earh elemental), -fir (fire elemental), -wat (water elemental), -odef (default outsider), -cel (celestial), -sla (slaadi), -dev (devil), -yug (yugoloth), -dem (demon), -mum (mummy), -vamp (vampire).
When activating -stream, you must first use the correlating book for the desired summoning stream. Using the book will prompt dialogue to learn the book's stream. After agreeing and using up the book, use either -stream or -stream [stream] (see above) to activate your desired stream. -stream affects all summoning spells cast by the character, including those from non-casting classes using items and scrolls.

I see that you are trying to activate -stream fir. Which summoning spell are you using? Elementals affect Summon Creature 7-9. If you have Greater Spell Focus (Conjuration), it will also affect Summon Creature 6 due to the increased tier perk from the feat.

If you are adhering to all requirements and it's still not working, please give us more information to gauge what's wrong.
Active:
Gone: Innogen, Arabella Herald, Urdin Taggul

mazeofthorns

Post by mazeofthorns » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Ah-ha! I don't have Summon creature 7 yet so that's why it's not working. Thank you :D

Is there a place that says when the books will set the stream? IE what level summon will celestial work etc?
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Celestial/Infernal are the gate/planar binding/warlock line, im 99% sure.
\

HD52

Post by HD52 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 pm

No problem!
mazeofthorns wrote:Is there a place that says when the books will set the stream? IE what level summon will celestial work etc?
You are looking for this page. As for the planar streams:
Arelith Wiki wrote:The devils and demons summons are shared across a few classes and spells. The rest are spell-only.

Warlock: 1 to 6.
Blackguard: 3 to 6.
Planar Ally: 3.
Planar Binding: 2 to 4.
Gate: Gate.
Active:
Gone: Innogen, Arabella Herald, Urdin Taggul