Average usable values (AC,AB)

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

mourisson1

Average usable values (AC,AB)

Post by mourisson1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi guys,
first i apologize if that question is somewhere hidden, in the tons of topic, if there is and someone knows how to find it, link to the topic will be very appreciated.

And to the question, what are the average values of Armor Class and Attack Bonus, shall me character be able to survive, and hit something, at the higher lvls? (let's say in a distant future of 20-30lvl)

Thank you for answers!
Lothias Mour'rek - Gone. Or is he?
Locika Querrestalo - For holy light

Cortex

Re: Average usable values (AC,AB)

Post by Cortex » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Really depends on what you're going for, some arbitratry values are:

DPS: 46+ AB.
Tank: 60+ AC.
:)

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Cortex wrote:Really depends on what you're going for, some arbitratry values are:

DPS: 46+ AB.
Tank: 60+ AC.
Or if you are no perfect builder (like many are) it also could be much lower.

I ten years my characters were allways below this and had np with most spawns.

E.g. dual-kama Rogue (with some monk and fighter levels) had AB 36 (+3AB kama) and AC close to 50 (without expertice but buffed)

Just want to say: You can have fun with much lower values - if PvP does not matter much...

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:05 pm

No reason not to go for a good build, you can hit numbers like that with virtually any concept. Remember, sometimes just taking your class levels in a different order can get you lots of AB and AC.

Always ask the builds forum before you make a PC imo.
\

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:45 pm

I don't differentiate between tank and DPS because it's a bit of a vague line at times.
Higher AC = More tanky
Higher AB = More damage

These numbers are, in my experience, what will make you not feel like you're contributing very little/nothing under the situations posted. These are end game L30 numbers.
Some end game dungeons bend the rules, due to having mobs with insanely low ACs and the sort, so it does really vary based on where you go.

Note: Monk builds AB may be a bit lower, that's normal. I had an L30 monk with 38 AB that could solo most places due to the increased number of attacks and reduced AB progression (-3 per attack, instead of -5)

PvE, Partying
AC 45+
AB 38+

PvE, Solo
AC 50+ (imp expertice for 60+)
AB 40+

PvP, against power builds (minimums power builds usually shoot for, rather than averages)
AC 55+ (Imp Expertice for 65+)
45+
Some builds designed to do outrageous damage will have lower AC, but these are builds that can dish out 400+ damage per round in PvP semi-reliably. (ie, 48+ AB, 10-20/x3 threat range, etc) Even these builds still, generally speaking, don't fall below 50 (60) for AC.