Artefact Scoop

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

RedGiant

Artefact Scoop

Post by RedGiant » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:55 am

Can we get the straight scoop on Artefacts? What is the plan with them?

I'm one who has gone on maybe a handful of artefact runs. I never found one except for some crap +6 ac vs. fey bracer. But what I have done is spent literally millions amassing a handful of niceish artefacts from shops. It took literal years to amass said gold.

I'm not trying to be whiney or self-pitying (more genuine despair), but my bad luck has been to have my last three main characters pretty much rendered anything from non-sensical to unplayable by balance decisions.

On all fronts, I'm really running out of steam and desire to make player investment. This is soul-crushing. Please tell me there is an upside to something here, besides rolling yet more characters.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Black Wendigo

Re: Artefact Scoop

Post by Black Wendigo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:37 am

Maybe you need to focus on things that are more fun than work for you. Arelith will continue to change and things will come and go. I've resigned myself to this fact and decided that nothing is permanent and if things change for my char I'll deal with it.

As for options? Well perhaps creating chars that ar more fpor RP that do not need mechanics, stats, items and so forth to make them function. Creating chars around things like artefacts can lead to a lot of disappointments. I learned that myself after having to remodel the same char 4 times.

ANd yet even having gone through that I've managed to be able to pay the same char. It's not as bad as you think.