Druid Elemental DR Change

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Improv

Re: Druid Elemental DR Change

Post by Improv » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:37 pm

BegoneThoth wrote: As was said, the druid page was encouraging a rule break for seven years. How was anyone supposed to know it was illegal and characters need to be deleted/remade due to level one power attack?
Let's clarify-- it was NOT a rule break for 7+ years. It WAS legal at one point, this is the decision of a new team-- and that is fine, change is to be expected.

It's a minor quibble but I hate to see people accused of breaking a rule when there wasn't one.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:39 pm

I believe when it came up in discord the DM's said it was always against the rules.

You'll have to speak with them though.
\

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 pm

I mean, I specifically remember Mithreas saying it was fine and then never, ever, ever hearing it wasn't until last month. Where was the announcement? The solid, actual mention? That's the problem, not the wiki people also not having seen it: the fact that it wasn't announced anywhere publicly at all.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Improv

Post by Improv » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:03 pm

Yeah, I remember too-- I remember the day the totems came out. I would guess the devs who say it's always been a rule don't remember that, or weren't playing yet (or at least, at that time) or most likely, it never came up and that just seems like common sense to them. Until Monolith elemental shapes came out going EDR would be a very weird and unusual choice so there probably wasn't even ever a discussion.

But whatever, let's just not call people rulebreakers and exploiters when they were acting in good faith.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:12 pm

BegoneThoth wrote:I believe when it came up in discord the DM's said it was always against the rules.

You'll have to speak with them though.
I know "the DMs are always right" but...

the DMs are objectively wrong in this case. Mithreas said it was okay, and the wiki said it was okay since the inception of Totem druids.

It's changed now, but the DMs are mistaken in saying it was always disallowed.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood