Two quick and Basic Diguise Questions

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cybernet21

Two quick and Basic Diguise Questions

Post by Cybernet21 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:33 pm

So...i never really used much disguise on my time on Arelith so i have two quick questions:
1st: I know the diguise rule changed a few time already,can you guys point me to the thread that shows the current diguise rules/policy?

2nd: Do i really have to erase and write a new description every time i get on disguise/get off disguise,or does the disguise description activate automatically when you disguise and reverses to the original when you get off disguise?
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Two quick and Basic Diguise Questions

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Hello fellow disguise friend.

1) You can take a read through this thread, and you also have a lot of information compiled on this wiki page.

2) You'll need to manually enter a new description after disguising or undisguising your character; it won't save or change or revert by itself.

Done.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia wrote:Hello fellow disguise friend.

1) You can take a read through this thread, and you also have a lot of information compiled on this wiki page.

2) You'll need to manually enter a new description after disguising or undisguising your character; it won't save or change or revert by itself.
I see...thanks for the answers,it seems i'll just have to copy my old description from the game files so i dont have to write the whole thing again :lol:
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Basicaly already covered by Batra, but just to confirm on a more official level.

1) Read the links, but the real TL'DR is: Don't use Disguise unless you are trying to actually disguise yourself, and please put effort into your disguise.

2) You don'thave to change your description for each disguise, but generally it's a good idea too, and far classier. One quick way I have is to write down various descriptions on a note file (or Word, or whatever) then just cut/copy/paste it in as needed. Makes the process much quicker.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)