Blood Magus

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

legionetrangere

Blood Magus

Post by legionetrangere » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Howdy

Reading through my copy of FR Tome and Blood, i stumbled upon an old class which is so fond to me - the Blood Magus.

Now i'm very much interested in making one alike in Arelith. But i would like some suggestions on how to build the class. Here is what i have thought so far.

Base class is Wizard, plus scribe scroll and brew potion. Lore wise, the first would be used like the 'Scarification', and the latter like 'Blood Draught' - both feats which are detailed on the book.

Also in accordance to the lore, my Blood Magus would have to die first, then be revived. Only to recognize the immense importance of his own blood as the vital fuel to his life.

I also think it would be interesting to get HiPS, as if to RP the feat 'Bloodwalk'. Tho i reckon this might be stretching things too far.

Reading through the subclass Shadow Mage, it would fit nicely with what i'm planning. No evokation spells (i would enjoy having to rely on survival spells and the like), and with HiPS. Only problem is that i would have to bend my very deity to fit the RP. Because Shar isn't quite the deity i was expecting to worship, or any deity at all.

If Shadow Mage isn't possible, i think i would nonetheless go for Wizard, and then a second class. In this case, which class you guys think it would be good to fit the theme?

And even still, is this sort of creation permited on Arelith?

ps: Sorcerers and Bards are just not my thing. And i would avoid using the familiar. Is there a way to disable it? Because it wouldn't fit the RP.

Thank yers

EDIT: I forgot to ask: I'm planning making character without tattoos and with a head with a beard. After the death, revival and awakening RP, i would like to change my head into the bald guy with tattoos. And little by little adding tattos and coloring them. Is this sort of change possible without the assist of a DM, just through what is available to me as a player?
PayadorPerseguido

Baron Saturday

Re: Blood Magus

Post by Baron Saturday » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Head changes have to be handled by a DM, but tattoos can be done through IG locations that are dead easy to find.

As for the familiar, there's no way to disable it. I'd suggest just removing it from your quickslots and forgetting that it exists. They're not particularly useful anyway, from what I understand.

Afraid I don't have any suggestions class-wise - though I dream of a blood mage class that uses its HP pool as a casting resource, but that is... unlikely to say the least.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain