Quest Question

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Improv

Quest Question

Post by Improv » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 am

Is it intentional that summons/companion kills don't add affect your quotas (or possibly objectives?)

Not a complaint really, just curious! It's a welcome addition especially for new characters, so you have a little more purpose than just grinding.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Quest Question

Post by yellowcateyes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:42 pm

This is considered a bug and should be fixed when the server resets in a few minutes. Let us know if that isn't the case.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Do quests also support interaction and cooperation amongst characters? Are there plans in that direction? E.g. a quest needs to be done in a party... or include a special mix of characters...
- Besides difficult quests that are very very hard to be done solo.

The potential of quests is high. They could also include player owned items or roles. (E.g. deliver a personal message to one of the leader of the Table District in Andunor.) - But one rl day would be too short for that. - just wild thinking

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:41 pm

That is all certainly possible. For now, we're working on ensuring the basic system is in place and fully functional so we can expand on it later.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Improv

Post by Improv » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Allowing factions to create quests for new members would be great. Just thinking of when my a character joined the Arcane Tower and tried to actually RP internship, but no other PC seemed too interested in coming up with chores she could do (or they were too intimidating to approach to ask.) Having something so new and less socially capable characters can be present and visible while keeping themselves occupied is a great way to slowly introduce them into the world.