Quests

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

InTheFlesh

Quests

Post by InTheFlesh » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:31 am

Would it not make some sense to put Cordor's quest-giver(s) in the "Adventuring Expedition" building near the Speedy Messenger? It seems as if some kind of grand plans for that place were never realized, especially for it being located as prominently as it is.

Orian_666

Re: Quests

Post by Orian_666 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:16 am

The player made expeditions don't seem to be utilized at all, but I have seen that place used for DM events a few times.
I don't disagree that having an NPC there makes sense, but having it in the Inn also makes sense, how many RPGs have you played where you couldn't pick up a quest in an Inn, in fairness?

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:19 am

There's player made expeditions?
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 am

One Two Three Five wrote:There's player made expeditions?
Yeah, when Cordor was remade an expedition hall was included where anyone can schedule an expedition for a far-away dungeon. An expedition announcer tells people who talk to him when and where it departs, and then everyone at the expedition NPC goes there together.

I think it was meant as a means to gather up some randos for adventure, but in practice it's usually faster to just sit outside the nomad since no one ever goes by the expedition house.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 am

Nitro wrote:
One Two Three Five wrote:There's player made expeditions?
Yeah, when Cordor was remade an expedition hall was included where anyone can schedule an expedition for a far-away dungeon. An expedition announcer tells people who talk to him when and where it departs, and then everyone at the expedition NPC goes there together.

I think it was meant as a means to gather up some randos for adventure, but in practice it's usually faster to just sit outside the nomad since no one ever goes by the expedition house.
I had no idea about any of this, either.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).