Druid & Mummy dust & Undeath. The definitive question.

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Sab1

Re: Druid & Mummy dust & Undeath. The definitive question.

Post by Sab1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:27 am

Which is why druids are fun, balance to every druid doesn't have to mean exactly the same thing not to mention methods used to achieve their idea of balance can be widely different. One druid may send 100 wolves to their death in order to achieve a long term goal. To another druids that may be blasphemy.

Gruvel

Re: Druid & Mummy dust & Undeath. The definitive question.

Post by Gruvel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:48 pm

I hate to Necro (Pun fully intended) this thread, but...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: The information that I'm referring to in this post is the point made by 'DM Titania' saying that the Team decided to make the Feat: Epic Spell: Mummy Dust unusable by Druids - later clarified by 'yellowcateyes' that it can still be chosen from the feat list, but loses its functionality when having at least one level of Druid.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This specific mechanical information would've been REALLY nice to have been told about ON THE WIKI before I went ahead and wrote up, built an entire character, and levelled it up - looking forward to my concept coming to fruition and creating engaging RP with it.

I feel cheated, and I'm genuinely frustrated with the knowledge that I wasted my very limited play time on this. (Ugh... WHY? *weeps*)

*sniffle* This hurts and I think I might just quit playing to be honest - but please ADD THIS INFO TO THE WIKI so this doesn't happen to anybody else.

On a side note: on the point that this kind of concept would become the norm; I have to disagree when mechanically it's much stronger to just go with the Conjuration line of summons: Elemental Swarm and Dragon Knight say hello. Right now this change appears to me as one made out of fear that people can't handle this kind of concept in an RP environment more than anything, at least give people a chance!

Disclaimers:
- Yes I understand that the 5% roll is an available option to realise this concept.
- I also understand that the wiki is not entirely conclusive and updated by players. (However, the fact that this information wasn't already on the wiki should prove my previously made point that there should be no fear of this becoming a norm concept, considering this thread and it's corresponding points were made approximately a year ago.)
- I also also understand that I could create a similar build from a mechanical standpoint by going Cleric instead of Druid, to which I say no, not at all - not even mentioning the backstory and role-play side of things.

EDIT: As per my request on viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17067&start=150 the Information has been added to the wiki under the Druid Class Page. Thanks @naturaly. (Now to go cry in a corner. *sob*)