Day/night cycle and ingame month

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

cptcuddlepants

Day/night cycle and ingame month

Post by cptcuddlepants » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Is there any correlation between the two?

I've been meaning to track the ingame month and when the day/night cycle changes, but I keep forgetting to do it.
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Baron Saturday

Re: Day/night cycle and ingame month

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:53 pm

As in, do days get longer in the summer and shorter in the winter? I don't think so, but it would be pretty cool!

There's also some weird stuff with the weather - like, the chance of snow in the FR equivalent of August (month 8) seems strangely high.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Related, why does "day" seem to begin at 9am?

8am and it's still dark, I still have a torch out and there are crickets and stuff.
Baron Saturday wrote:There's also some weird stuff with the weather - like, the chance of snow in the FR equivalent of August (month 8) seems strangely high.
You can possibly blame wild mages for this.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:12 am

The length of the day and night don't change with the seasons. On the previous incarnation of the forums, I suggested this, and the response at the time was that there wasn't a way to implement it apart from someone simply doing manual updates on a periodic basis.

Possibly there's a better way now?
Baron Saturday wrote:There's also some weird stuff with the weather - like, the chance of snow in the FR equivalent of August (month 8) seems strangely high.
The strangest part of the whole module with respect to weather for me is the fact that the upper parts of Guldorand/Crags are snowier than the lowlands because it's higher in elevation... but the docks at Guldorand are lower, at sea level in fact, but have the same weather/biome.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Lorkas wrote:The length of the day and night don't change with the seasons. On the previous incarnation of the forums, I suggested this, and the response at the time was that there wasn't a way to implement it apart from someone simply doing manual updates on a periodic basis.

Possibly there's a better way now?
The strangest part of the whole module with respect to weather for me is the fact that the upper parts of Guldorand/Crags are snowier than the lowlands because it's higher in elevation... but the docks at Guldorand are lower, at sea level in fact, but have the same weather/biome.
What's even scarier is realizing that winch-lift must go on for a really, really long time.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:26 pm

I've always found it amusing when it rains on the north part of Cordor near the nomad and transition into the city proper and the rain stops. Go back out and its still raining. Apparently not all clouds will rain into the city!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Does that here irl. On the way out the door today my apt complex was in a downpour that stopped at the parking lot. There was a clear divide between pouring and bone dry.
\