Warlock feylock rp tips

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Warlock feylock rp tips

Post by Kuma » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:54 pm

on the other hand, i've seen it done well

Sith-style corruption of the features (common with necromancers, too) is one I did, and I saw a fey warlock that inched towards uncanny-valley, eerie levels of "beauty" with higher Cha and levels.

Becoming a Tiefling-lite though is probably not acceptable.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Fair enough

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:27 pm

The pact does, to some extent, alter you physically -- You gain elemental resistances and DI eventually. So corruption isn't that far-fetched.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Totally recognize my view is a narrow one, and probably unfair to have.

I think my main gripe is the limitations (At least in my opinion, limitations) imposed by the current pact structure of fey, abyssal, or infernal. I've always wanted to see more diversity in pact-holders, because therein we'd see a broader range of warlocks. Elder Evils, Shadovar, Yugoloths (which to my knowledge aren't abyssal or infernal), etc.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Yeah extending the pact-givers is the first thing homebrews did back in 3e, and now 5e. Great old one/star pact is one I've always wanted to see here. Xanathar's guide added Celestial and Hexblade (Raven Queen) recently. Others I've seen are, gosh, dragon, lich, slaadi- pretty much anything traditionally 'powerful' in the D&D book, really.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

rookie

Post by rookie » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Being able to pact with Yugoloths would be nice and all the summons are already done.

Elder Evil style locks if you're thinking of the Great Old One types from 5e are pretty close to the fey pact currently present with lots of enchantment spells. Maybe change Summon Shadow->Evard's (same 3 minute cooldown).

Moominpappa

Post by Moominpappa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:09 am

So what are the chances of being able to play a warlock pacted with one of the summer court? I was really hoping to play someone who is generally a nice, friendly (but very chaotic/tricksie) fey warlock. Perhaps a bit feytouched so occasionally they just flip out and go a bit psycho when something particular triggers it.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:16 am

Don't think the summer court 'pacts' people, or really deals with non-fey.
\

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:19 am

Summer court's a feywild thing is a 4E thing. You're thinking seelie, which we are outright barred from playing warlocks of. Feylocks are all unseelie.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 am

Moominpappa wrote:So what are the chances of being able to play a warlock pacted with one of the summer court?
5% plus 1% for every 200k worth of value in your inventory at the moment you roll your level 26+ character.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:33 am

Lorkas wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:So what are the chances of being able to play a warlock pacted with one of the summer court?
5% plus 1% for every 200k worth of value in your inventory at the moment you roll your level 26+ character.
Plus being able to sweet-talk Titania into it.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Aero Silver

Post by Aero Silver » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:42 am

I may be over simplifying it. But I think that the main difference between a blackguard and a warlock is that:

The BG is devoted to the cause and goals of the entity that they contacted. They are evil for the sake of being evil.

The warlock cares first and foremost for the power granted by the entity that they contracted. And if they can keep their given powers without doing the friend's work, all the better. They are evil because they lack moral code.
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous. Meaning: all that glitters ain't gold.