Teiflings and tails?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

BegoneThoth

Re: Teiflings and tails?

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 am

Cortex wrote:Why are you focusing exclusively on the CHA part? Of which the point was less so "you need X CHA for this position" and more so that it's not a manipulative succubus blooded tiefling, but rather what looks more like a brutish bloodline.
Because the tiefer part is clear, it's something I have to deal with usually every 2 hours or so of being online and near cordor. I know exactly what's going on there.

the <8 cha part I don't understand. if someone has 6 cha but is good at TCB why is the attribute a problem?

so I asked what you meant by it.
\

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:27 am

I wonder how many aasimars there is out there.. ANYHOW! Yes. There is a mass of tiefers. Of course there is, this happens every time a new cool race is opened up. I also seem to recall that there was a influx of ogres down in the underdark before when it was opened up.

Im pretty sure it will stabalize, sooner or later.
...And there is of course still people whom react towards tieflings, and that for good reason. Dont just expect everyone to stand up and scream as soon as they see one.

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:35 am

it will not stabilize. The race is flexible and powerful and unlike ogre and other races it don't have fixed ability scores.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 am

yeah it's also just, basically, given +2 con in exchange for some (sometimes) social stigma and being able to be banish-stunned.

Combine it with some other racial feats (which you keep) and it's very very powerful.

Doubt it will ever go away as long as those mechanics things are true, at least.
\

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:57 pm

I just don't want to return to the days of planetouched characters being as dime-a-dozen common as they were back in the 30RPR tiefling/aasimar/genasi. It already feels like some tieflings have a very extreme outsider look for their characters, some looking more like half-devils/demons than the distant ancestry they're supposed to have.