Dragon Shape Relevel

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Dragon Shape Relevel

Post by yellowcateyes » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Misteyes wrote:Am I understanding it correctly that the only way to take Dragon Shape is with the new bonus feat? So the requirement for Dragon Shape is 25+ WIS and 25+ druid levels?
You can still take Dragonshape the normal way in the level-up menu. Vanilla requirements will apply.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

hoshi

Post by hoshi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm

I am glad RedGiant/Miskol asked for an update. I think it might be nice to place a message in the updates post in the announcements section, both for existing players and potential new ones to the server.

While the location being FOIG makes sense, awareness of the existence of said mechanical option probably shouldn't be limited to Discord users and readers of a specific Q&A post imo.

Improv

Post by Improv » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Ork wrote: That's how this game works. You want an epic feat, you have to have epic stats. Prior, it was 30 WIS for Dragon Shape. If you can't achieve Dragon Shape on your current character but you want it, roll and start over.
You are 1000% missing the point of my question, which is "why the 25 wisdom requirement for the free epic druid feat for those who have no interest in dragon shape." This feat does not have to be dragonshape, if you are missing that.

I accept that the answer is basically "this is the way to hand out the new version of dragonshape to those with less than 30 wisdom, and as a side effect you could take a free druid feat instead if you met the requirement."

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Yep. Druids are the only caster class that gets an epic bonus feat every 4 levels after 20 as opposed to every 3. This is a boon to druids even if they don't intend on taking dragonshape.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:57 pm

Unless they were going for <25 wisdom. In which case they get no feats, correct?
\

Improv

Post by Improv » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:34 pm

That would be the answer I got after a bit of struggle! My druid started with 17 so she will max out at 24 wisdom, which means no "free" feat- or she can take an epic wisdom feat to get to 25 so she can get the "free" feat which seems like a bit of a wash if not going dragonshape, especially since then she'd end up with an odd wisdom score.

But you know, it is what it is.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:56 pm

Just to be clear

If you are a druid with

1. 25 druid levels
2. 25 wisdom
3. Know where a secret NPC is

You can then go to said secret NPC somewhere in the game whose location cannot be disclosed, and if the criteria are met, select a free epic feat from a list of feats, one of which is dragon shape, and will then obtain that feat?

Does this work if you de-level? Can you get the feat again? Do you lose the feat if you de-level?
\

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:32 am

BegoneThoth wrote:Just to be clear

If you are a druid with

1. 25 druid levels
2. 25 wisdom
3. Know where a secret NPC is

You can then go to said secret NPC somewhere in the game whose location cannot be disclosed, and if the criteria are met, select a free epic feat from a list of feats, one of which is dragon shape, and will then obtain that feat?

Does this work if you de-level? Can you get the feat again? Do you lose the feat if you de-level?
AFAIK 25 wisdom is the requirement for Dragon Shape, not the other selectable feats.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:36 am

yellowcateyes wrote:The free feat option already exists in the gameworld. It can be found at a location of interest to druids, and reaching it should be trivial for a druid that meets the requirements. A fair few players have discovered it this past week.

Making use of it requires 25+ druid levels and a base WIS of 25+.
Need 25 Wis to get the extra feat at all, regardless of what you pick with it.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:28 am

Baron Saturday wrote: Need 25 Wis to get the extra feat at all, regardless of what you pick with it.
Wytchee wrote:
AFAIK 25 wisdom is the requirement for Dragon Shape, not the other selectable feats.
I don't want to level a druid with <25 wisdom only to learn im shorted an epic feat.

Can someone FOIG for me how this free epic feat works? Update the wiki perhaps?
\

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 am

Monk still makes one a tough totem. So it's not like monk only benefit was to dragonshapers. So I am guessing the free feat will pop up when you take your 25th druid level? Like a normal level up but the bonus appears?

Miskol
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Miskol » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:17 am

Its an interactable at a location of interest for druids. Upon clicking on it, if you fulfill the requirements of 25+ wisdom and 25+ in druid levels, then you will be given several options. Reading these options carefully should help you determine which choice gives what featwise. After that, the feat is automatically added to your character.