Roadside Shrines and RP'ing helping people

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Roadside Shrines and RP'ing helping people

Post by The Kriv » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:06 pm

In the past, I haven't paid much attention to the locations of the Roadside Shrines around the Cordor Area. Today, after RP'ing with some young characters, my Ranger came upon their corpses in the woods. Okay! Great opportunity for some RP! Just less than 15 min prior, we had an interaction and my Ranger offered them some advice that the Hobgoblins and Bugbears were out in force! and they should be careful!

So, picking up their corpses, I headed off to find a Roadside Shrine to rez them.

Could not find one.

I didn't want to carry them all the way into the city of Cordor, as that would be uncharacteristic, but crisscrossing the starting zones of the Brambles, Farmlands, Trader's Route, Gambler's Bluff, the corner area by the Mine... didn't find any.

I thought there was one in the Farmlands once, over by the server boundary edge of the Lowland Swamps, but it isn't there any longer.

How far away are these Roadside Shrines spread out? How do you tell the difference between a player-made shrine/altar, and one that can be used for a rez?

The closest one I know of off the top of my head are on the OTHER side of the Server Boundary from the Cordor Starting zone, by the Cave of the Mound... If I carry the corpses across the boundary do I have to whisper the players of the dead PC's they have to jump boundaries also?

Helping folk shouldn't be this hard.
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

TimeAdept

Re: Roadside Shrines and RP'ing helping people

Post by TimeAdept » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:10 pm

A Roadside Wayshrine in, say, that Keep just north of Cordor would probably go a long way towards easing these pains. Then it would be on the same server as the lowbie stuff and in a relatively accessible area for lowbies going both directions (west/east) from Cordor to do their lowbie work, that doesn't require them to hike all the way back to Cordor. It's also an area naturally generally patrolled by PCs so there's a higher chance of interaction as well.

There is a Shrine to Chauntea you can use in the Farmlands to res people btw, but it has its own placeable so it doesn't always stand out.