Trouble logging in CD key authentication Denied

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Zaelan Deus

Trouble logging in CD key authentication Denied

Post by Zaelan Deus » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:04 am

Hi there!

So I had to do a reinstallation of neverwinter nights, and when I tried to log back in to arelith, I managed to get back to the list of all my characters. After hitting play, the screen goes black and I get booted back to the game menu with the popup message "CD key authentication Denied." This only happens when trying to log into Arelith. I am still using the CDkeys given to me from GOG. It's possible I might have messed something up, but I've been told to contact the DMs in order to get a new key or to have my keys reset server side or something like that.

If I can be redirected to the best place to ask about this, or if someone can PM me on what to do, that would be great.
Thank you all very much!

Zaelan Deus

Re: Trouble logging in CD key authentication Denied

Post by Zaelan Deus » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:48 am

As a side question, and somewhat less urgently, the reason for my reinstallation has been the result of a performance spike I received at the hands of the latest windows 10 update, which forced itself upon my system despite everything I did to forestall it.

Now that I'm on version 1511, area transitions take a painful amount of time to load for me. And there's a bit more framerate lag than before. I would guess the issue has to do with incompatible drivers or something. Does anyone have any advice or know how to help with this kind of stuff?

Zaelan Deus

Post by Zaelan Deus » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:46 am

So the problem I was actually having all along was a bad port. I was using the CD key from the GOG page for my game instead of the CD key that I had them email me a while back so that I could play online. With that problem solved, I was able to pick a random port to solve my issue.
http://wiki.arelith.com/Port

Unfortunately, I'm back at square one again, and I still need help fixing my performance issues with the ridiculous area transition loading time. If anyone can help out, I would gladly appreciate it. Otherwise, I will be posting my progress here in case something I do is able to help someone else.

xXBloodAngelXx142

Post by xXBloodAngelXx142 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Try decreasing game graphic settings to low/minimum.

Zaelan Deus

Post by Zaelan Deus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:51 am

Okay, so the end solution was to install neverwinter on another computer. However, some things that I found helpful were removing graphical overrides I had installed a while ago which were taxing performance. Overall though, this was an incompatability with drivers. A friend of mine said to wait for future updates to correct this issue. For now though, it's probably better not to use win10.