Send a tell to a player by clicking his model?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Putrid Kitten

Send a tell to a player by clicking his model?

Post by Putrid Kitten » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:31 am

Hi!
I am working on a AHK script to make switching targets for -guard easier.
Is there a way for me to send a tell to the character I am hovering over with my mouse?
Or to just get the name with mouse-hovering?
Meow meow meow - Reconfigure F1-F12 easily

Cortex

Re: Send a tell to a player by clicking his model?

Post by Cortex » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:47 am

I like just making a hotkey for it, -guard Joe, -guard [my own char, to turn it off], -guard Bob. Change according to party changes.
:)

Putrid Kitten

Post by Putrid Kitten » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Yea, that's what I USUALLY do.
What I want to do is make a AHK script that, on keypress:
> Right clicks current target
> Send tell
> -guard
> Enter
In a single frame, if possible, but I can't do this if there is no way for send tells to target models.

If, however, it was possible to guard someone from the context menu, this becomes even simpler. I would love to be able to swap targets on the fly without having to think.

I am currently working on a revision of my AHK, hoping to stuff it with helpful features like this (if possible) and post it for the community.

Naeriza

Post by Naeriza » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:48 pm

You could make your AHK script automatically click on the party member portraits on the right side of the screen, maybe with a few key modifiers to choose the target you want to guard.

IIRC, AHK can emulate clicks at certain screen coordinates, right?

Putrid Kitten

Post by Putrid Kitten » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:55 am

Naeriza wrote:You could make your AHK script automatically click on the party member portraits on the right side of the screen, maybe with a few key modifiers to choose the target you want to guard.

IIRC, AHK can emulate clicks at certain screen coordinates, right?
Yea, you can give it coordinates.
The problem is, you can't make a connection between a PC model and a party member's portrait.

The whole idea is to be able to click a character in the world, based on what is happening in combat, and then protect that character.

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:39 pm

Set up Your AHK to do this:
on a keypress do:
1) write -guard
2) press Enter

Now while in game - in the chat message window press on the characters portrait You want to guard and use Your AHK mapped key to activate guard mode on it.

If I remember correctly You could set specific keys in AHK to be active keys for macro execution so If You bind Your AHK to something remote like.. # You can still use Your keyboard normally while having the -guard macro ready to press.

You could even setup an active click zone on the chat message window where the portrait is displayed and use a modification key for a click to guard function.. lets say with Ctrl press. Not sure about that though as AHK would intercept the default click so the NWN /t "PCNAME" would not show up in the chat window.. I don't remember exactly was there a delay function in AHK ? Been like 6 years since I was using my AHK setup to multi WoW.

Putrid Kitten

Post by Putrid Kitten » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:02 pm

miesny_jez wrote:Set up Your AHK to do this:
on a keypress do:
1) write -guard
2) press Enter

Now while in game - in the chat message window press on the characters portrait You want to guard and use Your AHK mapped key to activate guard mode on it.

If I remember correctly You could set specific keys in AHK to be active keys for macro execution so If You bind Your AHK to something remote like.. # You can still use Your keyboard normally while having the -guard macro ready to press.

You could even setup an active click zone on the chat message window where the portrait is displayed and use a modification key for a click to guard function.. lets say with Ctrl press. Not sure about that though as AHK would intercept the default click so the NWN /t "PCNAME" would not show up in the chat window.. I don't remember exactly was there a delay function in AHK ? Been like 6 years since I was using my AHK setup to multi WoW.
Relying on portraits in the chat window is a way bigger hassle than setting up macros for each party member. You would have to scroll up and down in the chat window to find the right person. Not ideal. But thanks for your input, either way. Yes, there is a delay function :)

iria_huntress
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning.

Post by iria_huntress » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:27 am

If you are in a party with them, you can click their portrait in the party hud. That will allow you to send a tell to them, and (unless you have a massive party) should be relatively easier.

Putrid Kitten

Post by Putrid Kitten » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:58 am

iria_huntress wrote:If you are in a party with them, you can click their portrait in the party hud. That will allow you to send a tell to them, and (unless you have a massive party) should be relatively easier.
I know. That is not what I am asking.