Horse Riding modules

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cybernet21

Horse Riding modules

Post by Cybernet21 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Does anyone know a nwn community module that is focused on riding horses and mounted combat? Sounds like a neat idea and i would love to try a module like that one

EDIT:Also so if i can see if riding is worth and investiment,having some thoughts on how to make summon mount from paladins useful on Arelith
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

WanderingPoet

Re: Horse Riding modules

Post by WanderingPoet » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:21 pm

On a prior server I played on - the more ranks in ride you had the faster your horse went. You also needed a certain amount of points in ride to have specific mounts (so anyone with ride could use a horse, but only the baby horses if they didn't invest - paladins had just their mount).

Main thing was that the horses were for travel, and you went faster than even hasted people if you wanted to invest in that. Being able to attack from horseback (especially if mounted combat/mounted archery work/can be taken with the reward) would mean that a fast horseman paladin archer could be interesting?

I am unsure since I have never had the horse riding reward, but from other servers the horse riding is great for travel purposes!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.